We’re looking for enthusiastic engineers to help us evolve our two main products, Live and Push. You will work in an agile, self-organized team alongside designers and product experts. With your team, you will implement features in small increments while assuring the highest quality. You will be instrumental in shaping the future of our products, processes, and company culture.
Our Product and Development unit is organized into different departments known as Focus Areas. Each Focus Area faces unique challenges and is free to choose the tools, technologies, and processes that best address these. We are currently looking for talented engineers across all of our Focus Areas.
Focus Area Sound
Modern, safe, and performant C++ lies at the heart of our efforts to design and develop creative digital instruments and audio effects. We curate a large C++ codebase which includes a library of high-level signal processing algorithms, the Ableton Live audio engine, Max For Live, and over 60 real-time audio effects and instruments.
Focus Area Live
We develop the next generation of the Live user experience, building the domain models and GUI components that empower our users in live and studio scenarios. Using exciting technologies such as Qt/QML, and staying current with the latest advances in C++, we place a high priority on code quality and potential shippability.
Focus Area Hardware
We shape the way musicians compose and perform using sophisticated hardware devices like Ableton Push. Using test-driven development, we build and maintain a custom Python framework to provide deep integration between a wide range of hardware devices and Ableton Live. We also make contributions to Live’s C++ codebase to augment existing features, providing a seamless user experience between hardware and software.
- You thrive in a cross-functional team and can communicate your ideas concisely
- You have solid experience in C++ or Python development
- You can find simple solutions to complex problems
- You are passionate about code and keep up with the latest development techniques
- Design, test, and implement new features
- Assist the product owners with planning features
- Ensure the long-term maintainability of our code base
- Engage in the continuous improvement of the way we work
What makes you stand out
- You have a high level of expertise in multiple programming languages
- You have a track record of shipping products
- You are the maintainer of a popular open-source project
- You write and give inspiring talks about a topic that’s important to you
At Ableton, we have a vibrant culture which encourages development and learning. We go on regular field-trips to our users to learn what excites them and what bothers them. In our bi-weekly dev salons, we present our side projects, interesting programming paradigms, or insights into how stuff works. In our music salons, we share our knowledge about music production and performance. We have organic lunches in our cafeteria. We improve our language skills in our English and German classes. We get involved in a variety of activities such as dragon boat racing, yoga, and soldering.
Application Development Engineer
We make Live and Push — unique software and hardware for music creation and performance. With these products, our community of users creates amazing things.
Ableton was founded in 1999 and released the first version of Live in 2001. Our products are used by a community of dedicated musicians, sound designers, and artists from across the world.