Backstage, the world’s most trusted casting resource, is hiring for a Casting and Entertainment-Industry Market Specialist in New York. This position is responsible for researching entertainment-industry markets, compiling lead lists, lining up meetings, and introducing Backstage’s online casting tools to casting directors, agents, filmmakers, theater creators, film schools, production companies, actors, performers, and digital-video producers, and directors.
The position’s initial market-focus will be based around researching the entertainment industry in Atlanta and Texas, and assisting with the marketing of Backstage’s casting tools to filmmakers and content-creators in those regions. The full-time position will be based out of Backstage’s Brooklyn office. The Casting Specialist will support Backstage’s Casting Department and report to Backstage’s Supervising Casting Editor, while also interacting with Backstage’s editorial and marketing teams.
The ideal candidate will have have strong research and outreach skills, as well as knowledge about the casting needs and processes of film students and industry professionals. To apply, please send your cover letter, resume, and relevant links (such as your Linkedin profile). In your cover letter, describe why you’d be a good fit for the job, and your minimum salary requirements. Also note any experience you’ve had working in casting or the entertainment-industry; and any research, outreach, and marketing skills you possess. Candidates with filmmaker contacts in Atlanta and Texas are especially encouraged to apply, but having existing contacts in these areas is not required. Candidates with professional casting or marketing/research experience are also encouraged to apply.
- Research and provide intelligence on the casting needs of designated markets (including Texas and Georgia).
- Compile leads lists of potential partner organizations, schools, casting directors, and production companies in the designated markets.
- Coordinate meetings and presentations for Backstage’s representatives with local market contacts.
- Identify and reach out to casting directors, indie filmmakers, production companies, digital-video producers, theater creators, and film students, etc., in the designated markets, to encourage them to try Backstage’s casting services.
- Follow up with market-specific clients to see if they have any feedback or additional casting needs. (Encourage repeat business.)
- Within the designated markets, teach indie producers, directors, film students, and casting directors how to use Backstage’s online casting tools effectively.
- Account support via phone, email, chat, webinars, etc.Increase the overall number of projects casting with Backstage in the designated markets.
- Complete additional assignments as determined by Backstage.
- Track research and outreach activity in Backstage’s CRM system.
- Must be an effective communicator with strong interpersonal skills.
- Must be a self-starter with good time-management skills.
- Must have strong promotional/marketing/outreach skills and be adept at building new client relationships.
- Must have strong research skills and be comfortable using a CRM system.
- Existing relationships within the indie film and web-series communities preferred (especially within the Texas and Atlanta markets and other regional areas).
- Previous casting experience a plus.
Backstage helps performers find casting calls and land auditions in New York, Los Angeles, and across the United States for theater, (Broadway, Off-Broadway, Off-Off-Broadway, cabaret, and more), television series, reality TV and documentaries, feature films, student films, music videos, radio, voice-overs, comedy clubs, photo shoots, and more! Backstage helps actors, writers, models, performers, and crew members get auditions and find work in the genres and venues they love.
The only worldwide print and online casting resource, Backstage reaches thousands of highly trained, experienced, and specialized performers every week. With Backstage, casting directors find exactly the talent they need when they need it, while actors get the inside scoop on performance and job opportunities.
Pick up a copy of Backstage or visit backstage.com to read news, interviews, and acting advice; to watch acting and entertainment industry-related videos; and to view and apply to thousands of casting notices nationwide.