CMJ is the largest live annual music festival (CMJ Music Marathon) and college radio network focusing on discovery of emerging artists. 2015 is our 35th year.
The Social Media Coordinator is responsible for driving the growth of the CMJ social presence and community development. This role ensures regular and consistent messaging across platforms, improving CMJ’s social media presence and broadening relevant audiences across channels. A strong passion for music is a must.
This is a full-time position based in New York.
- Develop and post content, growing CMJ’s social media channels on sites considered most compelling for our audiences and bands
- Respond to comments made on CMJ or other social sites
- Create awareness in the marketplace and drive people back to the CMJ social sites, website and app(s), significantly increasing overall social engagement
- Improve CMJ Music Marathon pre-event, onsite and post-event attendee engagement and satisfaction
- Schedule social media content during overnight and weekend hours
- Live-tweet concerts, festivals and shows
- Create and update weekly social media reports for internal review
- Act as a liaison between the online community and the company; turn community feedback into actionable items
- Stay ahead of emerging trends in social media
- You can express anything in 140 characters, and you could also express it in 1,400 characters. More importantly, you know when to use 140 characters and when to use 1,400 characters.
- You enjoy working in a dynamic start-up environment, and you know how to get stuff done. You’re willing to help out as needed, regardless of role or title.
- You understand the metrics and analytics behind our content, and incorporate learnings into our social media strategy. You identify what works and what doesn’t work.
CMJ Music Marathon is October 21 - 25, 2014.
CMJ Music Marathon is one of the world's most important platforms for the discovery of new music. For five nonstop days and nights, CMJ features over 1,400 live performances in more than 80 of New York City's greatest venues. CMJ also presents over 100 informative conference events with renowned speakers, an Entertainment Business Law Seminar and College Day, programmed especially for college and non-commercial radio programmers. For more information, please visit: www.cmj.com/marathon.
CMJ.com offers a digital music discovery service, information resources and community to new music fans, professionals and artists.
CMJ Events produces the legendary CMJ Music Marathon, the largest and longest-running music industry event of its kind, in addition to live events across the US.
The weekly music business trade publication CMJ New Music Report is the primary source for exclusive charts of non-commercial and college radio airplay.
CMJ Access is an integrated marketing agency specializing in providing its clients unparalleled access to the college and young adult demographic and emerging music world.