CREATIVE DESIGN INTERN
Enthusiastic, energetic students are encouraged to apply for this internship. Prepare to scan, rework designs, retouch art, pass files and develop your skill by creating interesting and exciting designs! To qualify for this position applicant must be able to provide portfolio samples that demonstrate their ability to work with these Creative Suite programs. The Creative Design Intern requires 12 to 15 hours per week.
Principle Duties and Responsibilities:
- Complete same-day turnaround design projects in print and/or digital formats. Usually these are updating existing print ads, banner ads, or website elements.
- Manage mid-length (2-3 weeks) assignments that require multiple design concepts and creativity. This could be festival merchandise, mini-campaigns, or promotions.
- Manage on long-term project (several months) to be determined by the supervisor. Final presentation on the last day to the Creative department required. This is usually a portfolio building project and a chance to work on presentation skills.
- During days here, to be at the ready for any fire drills that might come up, and work with one or more designers and project manager.
- Attend a variety of project meetings with supervisor (when appropriate) and actively participate by sharing your opinions on different initiatives and their effectiveness. Your opinion is important and we want to hear it.
- Share with the creative team any interesting web links relating to our field, either in digital, print or multimedia. Perform other duties as assigned by Art Director.
- Currently enrolled in university-level graphic design, art direction, or the like and receiving college credit for this internship.
- Ability to complete tasks in a timely manner.
- Ability to utilize design software and design techniques.
- Positive attitude and openness to supervisor feedback on work. Creativity and conceptual thought.
- Drive. Successful interns are always looking for something new to work on.
- Working knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite, especially Photoshop and Illustrator.
- Working knowledge of typographic design and layout. Basic photography skills.
- Experience with poster design, branding, design for web. The creative department uses MAC.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills. Exceptional organizational skills and attention to detail. Must be a self-motivated, flexible team player and able to work in a fast-paced environment.
- Strong analytical/problem solving skills.
- Great attitude – great people skills – team player.
About C3 Presents
WE’RE IN THE BUSINESS OF PUTTING SMILES ON PEOPLE’S FACES
These simple words encapsulate the driving philosophy behind everything we do at C3 Presents. We create, market and produce live experiences, concerts and events — just about anything that makes people stand up and cheer.
C3 is the force behind two of the country’s top music festivals — Austin City Limits Music Festival and Lollapalooza. Every year, each of these festivals attracts more than 200,000 people over a three-day weekend and is staged in beloved greenspaces in the urban heart of its host city. C3’s track record of professional excellence has earned them multi-year agreements to continue these festivals.
The City of Austin trusted us to produce a millennial celebration in the middle of downtown — an event that remains one of the city’s largest mass gatherings with 260,000 attendees. When President-Elect Barack Obama’s team needed a resource to produce an election night rally for hundreds of thousands in Chicago’s Grant Park — with the eyes of the world watching the event and the City — they turned to C3. C3 was selected to lead event production for cornerstone events at the 56th Presidential Inauguration in Washington, D.C., and worked with the Obama administration to produce the annual White House Easter Egg Roll. In all of these cases, we were approached to pull off in a matter of weeks what should have taken months to develop and execute.
These events and many others showcase our ability to bring together a complex, broad spectrum of players — all with their own agendas, deadlines, opinions, and needs but also with a vested interest in the event’s success. C3 possesses the depth of expertise and experience to coordinate and maneuver through a major U.S. city’s complex infrastructure amid the massive logistics surrounding high-profile events — from federal entities such as the U.S. Secret Service, to city service agencies including city emergency management offices, the police department, transportation departments, and sanitation department — to political and civic agencies such as mayors’ offices, city tourism boards and parks departments.
MORE THAN PRODUCTION SKILLS
Under our roof sit a full-time staff of professionals specializing in marketing, publicity, creative, sponsorship, ticketing, talent buying, accounting and legal services. These internal resources as well as a go-to team of partners allow us to be a turnkey solution or an a la carte provider. To Red Bull we are the on-the-ground experts executing their vision for the X-Fighters competition, while SMG relies on us as a programming and marketing partner for Soldier Field in Chicago, and ACL Festival and Lollapalooza tap all our capabilities. At every level, a spirit of collaboration and cooperation enables us to surmount any and all challenges, from unexpected weather hazards, to eleventh-hour changes in long-standing plans. We’ve developed a reputation for facing any and all challenges with unflinching confidence and flexibility.
Lollapalooza. The Barack Obama Presidential Election Night Celebration in Chicago. The Austin City Limits Music Festival. The 56th Annual Presidential Inauguration.
These are but a few reasons why C3 has garnered a proven track record of delivering events that are as memorable as they are successful.