What we’re looking for:
Here at Superfly we are looking for a Director of Culinary Strategy with a unique blend of both creative and executional expertise in hospitality to lead the creative direction, management, and planning of the culinary program for Superfly festivals and agency activations. The Director will work closely with the creative services, strategy and operations teams so collaboration, teamwork, strong communication skills and a “let’s have fun and get it done” attitude are all required. Our ideal candidate has a knowledge of and passion for food and beverage, large-scale catering and events experience, strong organizational and analytical skills, and lots of creativity!
Here’s what you’ll do:
- Develop culinary programs for both festival and agency activations
- Develop processes for executing successful events
- Oversee the development of local teams for each event
- Serve as a liaison between all departments ensuring brand focus and activation feasibility
- Ideate through brainstorms and research to come up with wish lists of possible concepts
- Vet new activations through budget projections and operational model viability
- Make recommendations for operations staffing structure and identifying candidates
- Business development
- Develop new relationships and maintain current relationships in the food & beverage community
- Oversee activation budgets
- Oversee on-site production and post-event details
- Create F&B layouts that correspond and compliment existing overall site plans and layouts
- Supervise and mentor at least one department coordinator and help build our team as our business grows
Your strengths include:
- Ideating and conceptualizing innovative and creative culinary experiences
- Relationship building
- Communication – must have strong skills, both verbal and written
- Strong understanding of food and beverage event production
- Positive and inspiring leadership
- Being resourceful and detail oriented – you get stuff done!
- Multi-tasking and prioritizing with ease in a fast-paced, deadline-driven environment
- Computer skills, we’re talking Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Google Apps for business
- You thrive in and contribute to a positive, collaborative and fun work environment!
- Minimum 5 years of hospitality related experience in a senior role in operations or catering and events is required
- Experience successfully leading and managing teams
- Experience creating, working with, and managing budgets
- Demonstrated ability to think both creatively and strategically
- Strong F&B knowledge including staffing, equipment needs and culinary
- Experience conceptualizing, producing and executing large-scale culinary events, sometimes in unconventional locations
- Existing vendor contacts a plus
Why work at Superfly:
We are idea evolvers, people lovers, music nerds and passionate humans who are constantly striving to enhance our industry leading-work. We have fun taking work seriously. We offer 100% employer paid medical, dental, and vision benefits in addition to a flexible spending account, long-term disability, voluntary life insurance, Transitcheck, discounted gym membership, and IRA plan. We are an equal opportunity employer.
We look forward to hearing from you!
Superfly is an entertainment company and creative agency with offices in New York City, San Francisco and Chicago. We are the co-creators of Bonnaroo and Outside Lands.