TuneCore is the premier digital music distributor with one of the largest music catalogs in the world. Since its launch in 2006, TuneCore Artists’ music units have been downloaded or streamed more than 15.2 billion times, generating over $541 million in revenue earned by TuneCore Artists, ranging from indie artists to high-profile performers. For an annual flat fee, TuneCore Distribution provides an easy-to-use, affordable digital solution for artists to get their music distributed worldwide to iTunes, Amazon MP3, Spotify, Rdio, Google Play, and other major download and streaming sites. Artists keep 100% of their sales revenue and all their rights. TuneCore Music Publishing Administration gives songwriters worldwide the ability for TuneCore to license and register their compositions globally, collect revenues from over 60 countries and deposit the royalty revenue directly into their TuneCore account. Driven by in-house Creative, TuneCore actively markets compositions for sync licensing agreements for music placements in TV, film, commercials, video games, and more. The exclusive Sync & Master Licensing Database provides Music Supervisors access to TuneCore Artists’ music for commercial use. EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER TuneCore is seeking a qualified, detail-oriented candidate to work as a member of the Copyright team. As a Content Review and Fraud Specialist, you will work to review all TuneCore releases to prevent copyright infringement and other types of fraud. Additionally you will be responsible for making sure all releases meet the digital stores’ formatting guidelines.
- Review TuneCore releases to make sure they adhere to specific content formatting guidelines from distribution partners.
- Communicate with customers, by email and phone, regarding formatting and copyright related issues.
- Process all copyright infringement notifications and claims. Communicate with customers and claimants, by email and phone, regarding disputes.
- Research and find patterns to prevent fraud. Investigate potential occurrences of fraud and report to management.
- Maintain accurate documentation of all activity.
- Fix reported formatting errors in store backend and report to management trends on what is being flagged.
- Provide reporting on customer and product issues.
- Work with a team on special projects as needed.
- Report technical and communication issues in order to better serve TuneCore artists.
- Perform other duties as assigned by management.
- Strong communications skills: written, verbal and interpersonal.
- Understand the importance of good customer service, including in-person, over telephone and over email.
- Can manage time effectively and prioritize workload.
- The ability to work well independently, and as part of a team.
- An understanding of the online music industry, including familiarity with online music stores.
- Extensive music knowledge and/or a willingness to keep up to date with current music trends (i.e. will study the charts every Monday morning). Should have a sharp memory.
- At least one year of experience working in an office and/or customer service in-person, via telephone, and/or via email.
- Working knowledge of Mac and the Microsoft Office Suite.
- General familiarity with copyright laws is a plus.
- Proficiency in foreign language(s) is a plus.
- BA/BS preferred.
TuneCore is the premier digital music distributor with one of the largest music catalogs in the world. Since its launch in 2006, over 3 billion TuneCore artists’ music units have been downloaded or streamed, generating over $300 million in revenue earned by TuneCore artists. We’re looking for talented contributors who want to make an impact. Our ideal team members are passionate and curious about finding creative solutions. Our teams work together every day to support our artists’ success. We develop groundbreaking products and tools to help artists distribute their music worldwide, collect their revenue, and reach new fans.