Backstage.com seeks a mid to senior Full Stack Developer (Python/Django) that will participate in all aspects of architecting and developing new and innovative applications. You will have the opportunity to work on cutting edge technology and new product development in an established company that is rapidly growing.
This is a great opportunity for an engineer looking to expand their well-established career, who is excited about search, data analysis, and solving complex problems and who enjoys working with technologies like Elasticsearch, AWS and Django.
- Participate in architectural, design and product sessions
- Ensure all Django Python code is suitable for automated unit testing and own code coverage
- Interact with different stakeholders to gather feedback and clarification
- Research and apply new technologies and best practices
- Design and create efficient RESTful endpoints for both internal and public consumption
- Provide task estimations and deliver quality code on time
- Own and manage multiple data sources (MySQL, MongoDB, Elasticsearch)
- Use Munin and other monitoring software regularly
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
- Solid web developer with at least 2 years of Django experience
- 3+ years of Python experience and ideally experience with other languages such as Go and Erlang
- 2+ years professional experience with enterprise architecture and developing highly scalable websites/services
- 3+ years experience with database design and maintenance (MySQL)
- Proficiency administering large databases (MySQL, MongoDB)
- Proficiency with back and front end caching strategies (memcached, redis, varnish)
- Exposure to front end MVVM frameworks such as Backbone/Ember/Angular (we use Backbone)
- Hands-on experience developing, releasing, and maintaining large-scale software applications (web/mobile)
- Must be a self-starter and enjoy working in a team with other passionate professionals
Backstage, LLC, is the leading platform in creative talent placement. We are currently composed of two brands, Backstage.com, for actors and Sonicbids.com, for musicians. We are a close knit, agile team that is disrupting the creative talent placement industry through technical innovation, product design and a solid business model. At the heart of our success and growth resides a group of hardcore technologists and product designers who share a tight bond and believe that collaboration creates a better experience for our users. As part of the company you will be a part of creating a world class user experience by utilizing your talents anywhere they will be useful.
Backstage helps performers find casting calls and land auditions in New York, Los Angeles, and across the United States for theater, (Broadway, Off-Broadway, Off-Off-Broadway, cabaret, and more), television series, reality TV and documentaries, feature films, student films, music videos, radio, voice-overs, comedy clubs, photo shoots, and more! Backstage helps actors, writers, models, performers, and crew members get auditions and find work in the genres and venues they love.
The only worldwide print and online casting resource, Backstage reaches thousands of highly trained, experienced, and specialized performers every week. With Backstage, casting directors find exactly the talent they need when they need it, while actors get the inside scoop on performance and job opportunities.
Pick up a copy of Backstage or visit backstage.com to read news, interviews, and acting advice; to watch acting and entertainment industry-related videos; and to view and apply to thousands of casting notices nationwide.