Based in Anaheim, CA, we are the world’s largest network of multi-channel web and physical retailers catering to the electronic dance music scene/culture. Mainstream exposure to EDM has created a turning point in our lifestyle niche and the underground art forms revolving around the culture are in higher demand than ever.
We consider ourselves a driving force in this as we actively participate in the growth of the overall innovation within the domain and we are seeking passionate individuals with an interest in EDM music to help take our company to the next level.
Due to our continued growth, we are actively seeking a talented, driven and versatile Graphics Design Intern to join our team of passionate designers.
TOP REASONS TO WORK WITH US:
- Featured as one of the best companies ever on Shark Tank (March 2015 – Deal with Mark Cuban & Daymond John)
- Join the #189 fastest growing private company according to Inc. Magazine 5000
- Featured on: Rolling Stone, Yahoo Finance, Inc Magazine, Business Insider, CNBC, MTV, ABC’s Shark Tank, LA Weekly MSN, and more
- Enjoy the autonomy/flexibility to be creative
- Become an integral part of a core internal team with lots of room for advancement
- Great culture. An environment where everyone is driven to make the company and themselves succeed. We love our EDM music and we love the energy around here!
ABOUT THE POSITION: GRAPHICS DESIGN INTERN
We are looking for a creative, innovative student with a passion for EDM fashion and culture to join our team, expand their skill set, and continue their passion for art and design. If you’re looking for a fast-paced working environment where you will be exposed to many different types of media projects, this internship is for you. This position offers the opportunity to work with influential people in the EDM community through various artistic outlets on a wide variety of projects, beautifully catered to our favorite industry.
In this position, you will work with our close-knit team of EDM enthusiasts who have a passion for their job. The Emazing Group is a pivotal force in the industry and helps set the standard of artistic excellence.
You will have the opportunity to be involved and work with our marketing department, photoshoots, new and upcoming apparel, never-before-seen products, and a limitless array of projects that are constantly expanding your skillset and passions.
This is an unpaid internship position for the Fall semester, but could potentially last longer. The right candidate will have some experience with all items listed below and must have the ability to work on a PC Platform.
- Interest in learning more about graphic design, illustration, photo editing, and apparel design
- Interest in EDM culture and our brands
- Knowledge of the EDM industry and culture
- Knowledge and experience with Adobe Photoshop and Adobe Illustrator
- Must be willing to come into our office 10 – 20 hours per week (or to meet specific school qualifications)
- Strong communication skills (verbal and written) and a strong attention to detail
- Must be able to work independently and collaboratively in a team environment
- Strong work ethic — must be able to work overtime on projects with tight deadlines
- Able to work independently to complete tasks
- Must have proper time management and organizational skills
- Some photo editing and or apparel paneling experience a plus! +++
WHAT’S IN IT FOR YOU:
- Internship Credit – The opportunity to work with and learn from the leading lifestyle buying team in the festival market!
About Emazing Lights
EmazingLights is pioneering the new Gloving movement into a skillful expression of art no different from any other type of dance. It takes practice and dedication to master the intricacies of this dance art form and the Gloving community is constantly innovating and expanding the Gloving experience. With Gloving events such as ThursdayNightLights, FridayNightLights, Gloving101, BOSS and IGC Gloving competitions; the community is constantly growing! EmazingLights wants to support all lightshow artists and we are dedicated to providing the absolute best lightshow products and environments for people to learn, practice and trade lightshows!