As a Quality Assurance Engineer, you will be responsible for ensuring that iZotope’s products are tested and released with the highest quality.
- Develop in-depth expertise of iZotope’s products in order to most effectively test changes or new functionality.
- Work closely with Software Development and Product Management to understand the testing requirements for new feature development.
- Create, execute and maintain functional, system, integration, and regression test cases using both manual and automated methods.
- Find, log and verify defects.
- Interact and collaborate with Technical Support, Beta Testers and other iZotope departments.
- Provide suggestions to management for improving software testing methodologies, processes/procedures and standards
- Foster a continuous improvement and process culture, and a customer service mentality.
- Bachelor or Associate Degree in Audio, Music, Computer Science or related fields
- Deep experience using Audio Production Software including digital audio workstations, effect plug-ins and virtual instruments.
- Experience with audio hardware including audio interfaces, midi controllers.
- 2 or more years’ experience in Software Quality and/or testing role.
- Highly proficient in Mac OS X and Windows Environments.
- Experience with Defect Tracking Management Systems (e.g. JIRA, Bugzilla).
- Experience with software version control systems (e.g. GIT, SVN, and Perforce).
- Exposure to test automation or a scripting language (Python, Ruby).
- Excellent Communication Skills and attention to detail.
- Experience with Agile software development using Scrum.
- Willingness to continue learning new technologies.
- Familiarity with iZotope’s products.
- Programming skills or the drive to learn programming.
About iZotope, Inc.
iZotope makes innovative products that inspire and enable people to be creative. Based in Cambridge, Massachusetts, iZotope has spent over a decade developing award-winning products and audio technologies for professionals and hobbyists alike. Used by millions of people in over 50 countries, iZotope products are a core component of GRAMMY-winning music studios, Oscar and Emmy-winning film and TV post production studios, and prominent radio studios, as well as basement and bedroom studios across the globe. Through a robust licensing program, iZotope also powers products made by industry partners such as Adobe, Avid, Microsoft, and Sony. iZotope was recently honored with an Emmy® Award for Outstanding Achievement in Engineering Development for its flagship audio repair suite, RX®.