Pop culture website looking for editors who can work with writers to help produce effective content while correcting grammar, spelling, punctuation, sentence structure, and flow. The editor’s responsibilities will include reading over articles, making necessary changes, and fact-checking. The Editor position is a learning experience rooted in real time work situations. This position is designed for someone looking for hands on experience, that gives them a chance to work directly in their field at an internship level. We are searching for driven, intelligent, and independent individuals who are seeking out a chance to work directly in the field in which they are interested.
● Manage a small staff of writers and offer support
● Proofread, edit, and improve pieces
● Check content for accuracy and errors
● Work on special projects as needed
● Be 18 years or older
● Working towards a Bachelor’s degree or higher in journalism or a related field
● Strong organizational and communication skills with keen attention to detail
● Must have a very strong grasp of grammar and language
● Provide two writing samples of blogs that show your best writing
● Make a commitment to work at least 15 hours per week
Please Submit the following to email@example.com in order to be considered for the position:
– Cover Letter
Independent EDM record label based in Chicago.