Sony Music Entertainment is a global recorded music company with a roster of current artists that includes a broad array of both local artists and international superstars, as well as a vast catalog that comprises some of the most important recordings in history. Sony Music Entertainment is a wholly owned subsidiary of Sony Corporation of America.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
The Production Manager will work closely with the VP, Thread Shop to manage merchandise projects for a variety of artists.
- Contribute to the development of compelling merchandising concepts, strategies and plans
- Assist with the forecasting and projecting all aspects of an artist’s tour merchandising program including production budget, staff budget, transportation logistics and scheduling
- Coordinate production, logistics and shipping for retail, touring and Direct to Consumer orders
- Place production orders with raw goods and finishing vendors and coordinate the shipping of finished goods and products to road crews for sale at shows
- Communicate daily with vendors and sales reps to coordinate production and deliveries
- Communicate daily with artists representatives to coordinate deliveries
- Track and process department purchase orders
- Negotiate pricing with raw goods and print vendors
- Analyze sales trends and inventory levels in an effort to project future sales and manage production and inventory volume
- Liaise with internal and freelance designers to create new products and concepts
- Liaise with finance to determine pricing for individual accounts and ensure that vendor accounts are billed and reconciled in a timely manner
- A Bachelor’s Degree with 3 – 5 years of merchandising and/or production experience, music industry merchandise experience is a PLUS
- Strong computer skills including MS Office (Word, Excel & Outlook) and an intimate knowledge of the internet
- Must have the ability to think independently and take action without supervision, create and develop ideas that lead to positive change or improvements as well as the ability to make sound decisions and solve a variety of problems
- Must be able to accept changes readily, both in job responsibilities as well as in the work environment
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Ability to thrive in a fast paced environment and multi-task
- Ability to manage time and priorities, set and achieve goals, and juggle multiple projects/deadlines simultaneously
- Must be extremely organized and a team player
About Sony Music
Sony Music is a global record label home to Columbia, RCA, Epic, Artista, Legacy, Masterworks, Vested in Culture, and Provident Label Group.