SIX DEGREES IS LOOKING FOR INTERNS
We are gearing up for our Fall releases and tours and are looking for creative and motivated individuals.
All intern positions require:
· Three-month commitment
· 15-20 hours per week (at our offices located in the Mission district)
· Familiarity and passion for the music industry and world/electronic genres
· Unpaid – but can get college credit. The job includes many perks including free music and entry to shows
· Bay Area applicants only
· Applicants should have experience with Excel, Microsoft
· Excellent written and telephone communication skills
· Knowledge of other languages is a plus.
· Experience in working in a team environment
· Organizational ability
· Attention to detail
New Media Intern Requirements:
The New Media Intern will report to the Six Degrees Art Director. This position will help in a wide range of online promotion and production based projects and requires a candidate who has a wide range of ideas for new media promotions and some basic skills in new media.
Some duties may include but are not limited to:
- Write blog posts and articles
- Post content on the web
- Edit or adjust photographs and videos for the web
- Assist in designing and developing new web pages
- Assist in producing web banners for marketing campaigns
- Assist in developing other web based tools
- Developing and managing online promotional campaigns
- You want to learn and are interested in the new media fields, maybe you are a designer, copywriter or are studying these subjects in school.
- Some experience with Photoshop, Illustrator or related programs is a plus.
- Some experience with WordPress or other CMS / web content management system.
- You love music.
- You are a natural at writing about music and see this as a good opportunity to publish some work.
About Six Degrees Records
Six Degrees Records is a San Francisco-based eclectic, independent music label. We produce and market accessible, genre-bending records that explore world music traditions, modern dance grooves, electronic music, and intelligent pop music.