MARKETING & PUBLICITY COORDINATOR / JR. GRAPHIC DESIGNER
(PART TIME POSITION)
Six Degrees Records (www.sixdegreesrecords.com) is looking for a new member to join the team. We are small label, and therefore we all wear many hats. If you are someone who is passionate about music and enjoys working in a dynamic environment where your duties may change depending on the day, see below. If you are interested in the position, send us a Cover Letter, Resume and a couple of examples of your best work.
This position is part-time (up to 25 hs per week). It is an on-site position in our office in The Mission in San Francisco, CA. The starting salary is $15/hour.
– You are passionate about Music and have an open mind.
– You have experience in music marketing, PR, graphic design, web development, social media and/or editorial.
– You are proficient in Adobe Suite (Photoshop, Illustrator and InDesign). Send us a couple of examples of your best work.
– Basic WordPress and HTML knowledge is a plus.
Graphic Designer Responsibilities
– Design daily graphics for Social Media and for the website.
– Design marketing email blasts (twice – monthly) using Mailchimp.
– Create tour announcement posters.
– Create single covers for select projects when needed.
– Maintain website (Worpress & HTML knowledge is a plus).
– Design marketing one-sheets for each new release.
– Design Bandcamp pages.
– Help maintain visual coherence across all platforms.
Marketing & Publicity Responsibilities
– Prepare and send out weekly consumer email newsletters.
– Help coordinate the publicity for tour press, send geo-location reminders about upcoming shows.
– Assist indie publicists on follow ups, mailers and providing resources for particular new release campaigns. Ensure they have all necessary assets (photos, bio, music, etc).
– Update and maintain press database with the latest photos and bio for each artist.
– Act as the in-house publicist for select projects.
– Fulfill photo, CD, and mailing requests for press & radio contacts.
– Burn promo CD’s as needed with office tower and create in-house promo cases to be sent out in advance to press or radio.
– Help manage award submissions for GRAMMYs, Latin GRAMMYs, A2IAM Libera Awards and other awards.
New Media Resposibilties
– Edit audio for new podcasts. Help post new podcasts to Soundcloud and iTunes Podcasts.
– Edit short video content for new social media.
– Copywriting, blog posts and other sort of editorial.
Social Media Resposibilties
– You will handle the official Six Degrees Records Instagram account.
– Management of the Six Degrees Online Shop (Bandcamp).
– Help keep Soundcloud and Youtube up to date.
– Help keep all services updated with the latest playlists.
– Help maintain the warehouse.
– Manage the back end of the website via goDaddy: set up new email accounts for interns, manage resources, troubleshoot, etc.
About Six Degrees Records
Six Degrees Records is a San Francisco-based eclectic, independent music label. We produce and market accessible, genre-bending records that explore world music traditions, modern dance grooves, electronic music, and intelligent pop music.