Sonicbids is a pioneering data and technology company bringing solutions to one of the most challenging and quickly changing industries — independent music. Our electronic resume for musicians has long been the industry standard, and our subscription service is positioned to become the best career management platform and jobs marketplace for emerging talent.
We currently seek a Senior Product Designer to drive the design of innovative products that solve challenges still unsolved by others. This role will provide critical input throughout the product development cycle (ideation, prioritization and execution) and appeal to designers who use design (IA, UI and UX) to solve user problems and beget desired user behaviors such as conversion.
- Bring concepts, sketches or wireframes to life, designing coherent products within a high-fidelity, responsive comp prototype (across desktop, tablet and mobile)
- Develop and execute against a design vision, developing, adapting and reinforcing style guide principles across product iterations
- Inform design decisions through research, testing and user data analysis
- Shepherd designs through initial design, prototypes and production among senior leaders and facilitate discussions on potential design tradeoffs given internal and user needs
- 5+ years of relevant work experience
- Strong experience in leading design (IA, UX and UI) for web or desktop applications
- Experience in typography, iconography, color theory and style guide development
- Ability to prototype quickly in tools such as Axure or Invision and create corresponding development requirements
- Understanding of screen size breakpoints, browser support and compatibility
HELPFUL BUT NOT REQUIRED
- Experience with version control (Git) and experience contributing to a codebase
- Experience with Twitter Bootstrap or similar framework
- Familiarity with JS, HTML5, CSS3
- Some familiarity with creating LESS and SASS/SCSS variables, mix-ins and extends
- Some ability to show/hide elements in prototype on-click, etc.
WHAT YOU GET
- Casual startup environment in the South End’s SoWA District
- Unlimited vacation, office outings, in-office concerts and access to music events
- Comprehensive medical, dental and vision insurance
- The opportunity to work with some of the most talent leaders in their respective disciplines
- A company that works with you to learn, grow and excel in your career
Backstage, LLC (owner of Backstage.com, Backstage Magazine and Sonicbids.com) is the leading subscription-based digital platform for non-desk jobs – providing tools and content to help performing artists and creative professionals manage their careers, market themselves and open up new opportunities. We are experiencing significant growth and are looking to add a talented members to our team. The company is private equity-backed and has offices in Boston, New York City and Los Angeles.
Sonicbids was launched with a basic mission: great music should always find an audience. Since 2001, we have grown into a global platform connecting more than 500,000 bands with 35,000 promoters from over 100 countries and the exclusive application platform for South By Southwest, CMJ, and NXNE.
Sonicbids is the online launching pad for many of today's hot artists and has exclusive partnerships with many taste-making events and consumer brands like South By Southwest, Bonnaroo Music and ArtsFestival, CMJ Music Marathon, Red Bull, Marriott Hotels and Diesel Industry.