As the visionaries behind Bonnaroo, Outside Lands and Cocktail Magic, the Superfly team is a creative and dedicated group of storytellers, content creators, strategists, and experience builders. Our Superfly Internship Program provides an invaluable hands-on experience for those who want to work alongside a passionate group in a creative, fast-paced, and innovative atmosphere. Forget about coffee runs — our interns learn the ins and outs of business development, influencer marketing, sponsorship, communications, brand marketing, programming, and more.
The fall internship cycle takes place from September – December 2016.
About our Internship Program:
This is an unpaid educational internship. As an intern, you’ll gain experience unparalleled in the classroom. We provide interns with the opportunity to learn and develop new skills while gaining a deeper understanding of concepts through hands-on application. Working closely with their supervisor, interns explore their career field of interest, acquire new skills, and develop transferrable skills.
Each intern reports to a Superfly employee who provides hands-on training, oversight, and mentorship. Your internship benefits include gaining experience unparalleled in the classroom, exploration in a career field of interest, acquiring new skills and developing transferable skills for resume building, and establishing vital career networks and mentors.
See more on our internship program here!
*Each student must be eligible to receive college credit for any internship at Superfly*
As a Superfly intern, you’ll learn and be a part of:
- Participating in brainstorms and team collaborations
- Researching the web and publications for relevant news to share with the team
- Organizing and archiving files, footage and Superfly contacts
- Attending meetings and distributing notes to different teams
- Working with database managers to ensure data input accuracy
- Assisting with administrative tasks for all departments
Your strengths/experience/interests include:
- Highly organized and self-motivated
- Strong writing skills (creative & technical)
- Willingness to take on a full range of tasks; ability to multi-task
- Proactive and curious, and you love to learn
- You enjoy research and problem solving
- Proficiency in Google Apps (especially Google Drive) and Microsoft Office
- Interest in a career within the entertainment/event/marketing industries
Our Fall 2016 Internships will include opportunities on the following teams in NYC:
- Agency | Business Development – Our Business Development team works toward building our client list and developing deep relationships with bold and creative companies who are looking to impact culture. This team works on generating revenue and opportunities for the Superfly agency and festival events. This intern will learn and develop valuable skills by researching and organizing information, leveraging social media tools to pull key insights for clients, and assisting with the development of strategy decks and client deliverables. Interest in a career within sales and marketing is a plus!
- Agency | Experiential Marketing – Our Client Services team is made up of relationship builders who manage day-to-day communication and workflow for brands, and are responsible for brand activations and sponsorships management at Superfly’s festivals. This team drives day-to-day communication, project management, and workflow for Superfly festivals and clients, working with internal teams, clients, vendors, and sponsors as needed to ensure activations are executed smoothly. This intern will learn about everything that goes into a client activation, from ideation to execution. Interest in a career within the marketing industry is a plus!
- Agency | Influencer Marketing – Working with our Client Services team and our Influencer Relations team, this intern helps to identify new opportunities for influencer engagements for clients and ensures successful project execution. Influencer marketing span across categories such as Music, Fashion, Beauty, Travel, Food, DIY, Health/Wellness, Parenting, and Celebrity. This intern will become familiar with the influencer marketing landscape by assisting in the identification and vetting of influencer candidates, supporting the team’s execution of influencer activations, and reporting on campaigns. Interest in a career within the marketing industry and knowledge of social platforms is a plus!
- Brand Marketing – Our Brand Marketing team focuses on the creative and strategic integrated marketing initiatives for Superfly and it’s properties, including Bonnaroo, Outside Lands, and Cocktail Magic. This intern will review and help to create print and digital marketing materials, ensure websites are up-to-date and consistent, conduct research on creative marketing strategies, manage event image libraries, and maintain announcement schedules and timelines. Our ideal candidate is a marketing major with an interest in live events and festivals who is proficient in Adobe Creative Suite (specifically Photoshop & Illustrator), and possesses knowledge of file types, FTP sites, and website content entry.
- Communications – Our Communications team manages Superfly’s media relations using strategic communication. The Communications intern will assist in coordinating PR opportunities through prep and scheduling, draft pitches, monitor media and social for coverage relevant to Superfly, coordinate development of internal and external company communications, and create targeted media lists. We’re looking for PR or Communications majors with a passion for writing and building relationships.
- Corporate Development – Our Corporate Development team focuses on exploring and evaluating new business opportunities beyond our traditional music festivals from their early stages to being green-lit. The Corporate Development intern will support the evaluation of new business opportunities through financial modeling and analysis as well as help to create and evaluate market research techniques and strategies to better inform the Superfly Corporate Development Team of advantages and disadvantages of pursuing different markets. Responsibilities include assisting in development project coordination, market research, research of new business opportunities, networking management including creation of one-sheets and brand overviews, as well as providing overall support to the Corporate Development and Finance & Business Affairs departments. Our ideal candidate has a business background with strong research capabilities, excellent verbal and written skills, strong financial modeling knowledge and skills, excellent knowledge of Microsoft Excel, and strong attention to detail. MBA preferred.
- Creative Production – Our Creative Production team ideates and executes visual, culinary, and non-music programming (think: magic, theater, comedy) initiatives and more for Superfly events, working with internal teams and outside vendors to create and enhance the experience. This intern’s duties will range from creating and updating visual mood boards to updating our database of artistic references and inspirations to assisting the team with on-site on projects including art installations, theater, photo documentation, and more. Interest and knowledge of arts and theater is a plus!
- People & Culture (HR) – Our People & Culture team builds, implements, and continuously seeks to improve Superfly’s internal processes. This team also consists of our champions of company culture, leading recruitment and employee engagement initiatives such as planning fun office events, snack management (we take our snacks seriously!) and other perks that make Superfly a great place to work. This intern will learn about recruitment, onboarding, policy implementation, compliance, and organizational development, and will also have the opportunity to work the rest of our business operations team (including finance and office management). Looking for human resources, business and/or operations majors seeking a hands-on learning experience in a fast-growing organization!
- Programming & Content – This intern will split his/her time between two teams. Our Programming team books talent for Superfly festivals, agency projects, and internal events. Our Content team produces original video content across Superfly branded properties and client opportunities, from launching new media to developing original programming. This internship will be involved in everything from researching artist info, album releases and tour schedules to processing guest lists and credentials to assisting with in-studio and on-location shoots. Knowledge of new music & Final Cut Pro is a plus!
- Social Media – Our Social Media intern will work alongside our Brand Marketing team to manage Superfly’s digital presence and engage with our community. This intern will work on social media strategy and tactics, and will assist in drafting content for Superfly’s social channels. If you’re a strong writer and an active social user with strong social media knowledge and an interest in technology, social media, and online trends, this is internship for you! Some design knowledge is also preferred.
Please indicate the team(s) you’re interested in applying to intern with when you submit your application.
Superfly is an entertainment company and creative agency with offices in New York City, San Francisco and Chicago. We are the co-creators of Bonnaroo and Outside Lands.