– Must be able to provide own laptop.
– Research and find contacts for both local and national press outlets, event promoters and brands.
– Help to organize, maintain and grow our contact databases.
– Intern will function as a project management assistant on digital asset builds.
– Intern will help with maintenance and strategy for Vicious Buzz’s social media presence.
– Intern will sit in ideation meetings for clients to help formulate best practices and strategy for said client.
– Intern will assist on brand activations, experiential marketing and digital initiatives and press campaigns.
– Intern will assist on social media analysis and planning for our clients.
– Non-Paid internship
Requirements and Qualifications
-Music Industry experience/ knowledge preferred
-Marketing and PR experience preferred (aka past internships are a plus)
-Writing samples are a huge plus! (We write a lot)
-Knowledge of music blogs, magazines, publications, etc (If you have media connections even better!)
-Knowledge key industry professionals and businesses
-Has a pulse on up and coming artists
-Strong research abilities
-Must be able to commit a 90 day internship 8-16 hours a week
– Must be able to work from our office in Downtown Los Angeles, California 2-3 days per week.
– Schedule Monday & Wednesday OR Tuesday & Thursday (11:30am – 6:00pm)
-Working towards a degree
-Passion for music
About Vicious Buzz
Vicious Buzz is a Music PR & Creative Agency specializing in buzz-worthy music, brand, and pop culture accounts based in Los Angeles, Downtown Pomona, with satellite offices in Toronto & New York. Vicious Buzz’s objective is to get our clients featured by the media through result-driven campaigns. Focusing on a media-savvy PR approach, we target local and national print publications, blogs, online magazines, college and specialty radio, television and video networks. We have placed features for many of our clients on top outlets like MTV, VICE, FADER, Pitchfork, Stereogum, Rolling Stone, Disco Naivete, Consequence of Sound, Billboard, SPIN, CMJ, Gorilla Vs. Bear, BlackBook, Yours Truly, Hillydilly, The Music Ninja, Indie Shuffle, Noisey, Pigeons and Planes, Earmilk, Bullett Magazine, Under The Radar, Flood Magazine, Impose Magazine, Hype Machine, and more.
Vicious Buzz offers a completely unique set of services that helps build stronger brands, offering publicity, marketing and creative services to meet each of our clients specific needs. We craft tailored strategies and promotional campaigns for each music artist, brand, and project across a range of online, radio and print media.
Vicious Buzz has worked and collaborated with great management companies, A&R’s and record labels such Goldenvoice, Beggars Group (record labels: 4AD, XL Recordings, Rough Trade, Matador), Universal Music Group, Crash Symbols, Interscope, Exploding In Sound, Republic Records, Lefse Records, SONY, LebensStrasse, Chill Mega Chill, The Record Machine, Clapping Music, Bleeding Gold, Delphi Label, Lash Records, Mashhhh Records. We have represented many great upcoming brands and buzz artists such as James Bay, Kitten, JMSN, GRiZ, Mutemath, Pierce Fulton, and more.