With its broad roster of new stars and legendary artists, Warner Music Group is home to a collection of the best-known record labels in the music industry including Asylum, Atlantic, Cordless, East West, Elektra, Nonesuch, Reprise, Rhino, Roadrunner, Rykodisc, Sire, Warner Bros. and Word, as well as Warner/Chappell Music, one of the world’s leading music publishers, with a catalog of more than one million copyrights worldwide.
The Media Operations department consists of five specific areas of responsibility, all ultimately focused on the production and distribution of WMG products. Research and Development helps define new product specifications and processes for production; Product Data Management is responsible for defining product data standards and keying data into systems; Studio and Archive Operations delivers production masters for physical and digital manufacturing and archives the company master assets; Digital Production provides day-to-day production support for WMG Labels’ digital releases and oversees production of digital assets and Digital and Mobile Operations manages the distribution of digital products to retail partners globally.
High Level Job Description: This position is responsible for collecting parts and ensuring accurate, on-time delivery of standard digital releases for Rhino and also provides support for the digital production team.
Detailed Job Description/ Responsibilities:
- Responsible for managing new album and single releases on a weekly basis for Rhino. This includes tracking down audio and art, scheduling, confirming pricing and completing digital bill of materials (dBOM) for delivery to DSP’s. This is on a domestic and international basis.
- Handle catalog clean-up and research requests from Rhino label personnel.
- Work closely with Rhino personnel to ensure complete visibility to all releases.
- Handle all takedown and price change requests for Rhino products.
- Assist team with graphic asset verification & ingest
- Assist with coverage during team absences.
- Centrally schedule domestic products when necessary
- Track product deliveries for the team using the Digital Pick, Pack & Ship (DPPS) application
- Coordinate resolution of iTunes tickets assigned to the team
- Enter and ensure delivery of digital price changes (permanent and campaign)
- Distribute an ongoing list of WEA/ADA longform videos and their various components (ratings, cc files, Netflix art, etc.)
- Ability to handle multiple tasks and juggle various priorities
- Ability to maintain focus in high stress environment
- Excellent communication skills
- Ability to turn last minute projects around quickly on a tight deadline
- Must have outstanding organizational skills, with ability to prioritize workload
- Strong attention to detail
- Ability to ask questions and seek help when needed
- Self-Starter who takes initiative
- Takes responsibility for own projects
- Team player
- Familiarity with XML and its use in automated feeds
- Proficient with PC and Mac computer applications and interfaces.
- Basic Photoshop skills a plus.
- 1-2 years of digital production experience preferred.
- College degree preferred
Our Company is committed to a policy of Equal Employment Opportunity and will not discriminate against an applicant or employee on the basis of age, sex, sexual orientation, race, color, creed, religion, ethnicity, national Origin, alienage or citizenship, disability, marital status, familial status, military or veteran status, or any other legal recognized protected basis under federal, state or local laws, regulations or ordinances.
Applicants with disabilities may be entitled to reasonable accommodation under the terms of the Americans with Disabilities Act and certain state or local laws and the Company complies with all applicable reasonable accommodation requirements which such laws may require. Accordingly, please inform the Company’s Human Resources representative if you need an accommodation in order for you to complete any employment application-related forms or otherwise to participate in the application or selection process for the position for which you are applying. A reasonable accommodation is a change in the way things are normally done which will ensure an equal employment opportunity and will enable applicants to participate in the application and selection process and for employees to perform the essential functions of their jobs without imposing undue hardship on our Company. The Company also will make reasonable accommodations to an applicants or employee’s religious beliefs and practices as may be required by law, unless an undue hardship would result.