Please visit gener8tor.com/job-backline-cleveland-director for more information.
• Plan logistics, coordinate and execute Backline Cleveland programs and related activities (workshops, showcases, etc.).
• Recruit, vet and help select musicians to participate in Backline Cleveland.
• Build relationships with stakeholders in the music and entertainment industry both locally and nationally (musicians, managers, record labels, producers, distributors, mentors, service providers, etc.).
• Coordinate with Backline Cleveland stakeholders and sponsors.
• Act as the lead mentor for and continuously support Backline Cleveland musicians and alumni.
• Support the gener8tor team across all product lines to build connectivity between cities and programs: gener8tor, gBETA, gALPHA, OnRamp, Fellowships, etc.
• Manage Backline Cleveland communications and social media platforms.
• Entrepreneurial spirit, self-starter, organized.
• Experience and existing relationships in the music and entertainment industry is preferred.
• Ability to work in a fast-paced, highly independent environment and juggle multiple ongoing projects, responsibilities and external relationships.
• Willingness to intensively and rapidly dive deeper into the industry, even if already familiar. • Flexibility to travel and work some nights and weekends- we’re not a Monday-Friday, 9-5 operation!
• At least one year of program or product management experience a plus.
• Strong interpersonal and relationship-building skills. • Strong written and verbal communication skills.
• A ”no job is beneath me” mentality.
gener8tor is a turnkey platform for the creative economy that connects startups, entrepreneurs, artists, investors, universities and corporations. The gener8tor platform includes pre-accelerators, accelerators, corporate programming, conferences and fellowships focused on entrepreneurs, artists and musicians.