Volunteering for the Movement Electronic Music Festival offers you the unique opportunity to attend the festival, make new friends, and experience what it is like working behind-the-scenes to produce a world–renowned event.
The Movement Electronic Music Festival takes place every Memorial Day weekend inside Hart Plaza – Detroit’s legendary riverfront destination. More than 100 of electronic music’s most illustrious artists, local heavyweights and pioneering legends make their way to the birthplace of Techno to perform on one of our five technologically-rich outdoor stages. Movement has garnered numerous awards and recognitions, including “Festival of the Month” by Resident Advisor, “Best Niche Festival and “Summer 2014’s Must-See Music Festivals” by Rolling Stone magazine, just to name a few.
– Movement Team Members must be at least 18 years old, with a valid picture ID. Team Members must bring their government-issued identification card/license/passport with them to check in for each shift.
– Volunteer roles do not include any monetary compensation.
– Team Members are to refrain from consuming any alcohol or illegal substances while on duty, or prior to shift.
– Team Members are expected to behave in a professional manner, show up on time, and wear appropriate attire for their assigned position.
– Team Members must be respectful of other volunteers, staff, security, performers, and festival attendees.
– Team Members are expected to complete their full shift. Showing up late to a shift or missing a shift may jeopardize your chance to volunteer as a – – Movement Team Member in the future. If an emergency occurs, please contact the volunteer coordinator immediately so that arrangements can be made.
– While on duty, Team Members must wear their provided shirt. However, Team Members are not to wear their volunteer shirts while off-duty.
In exchange for fulfilling your volunteer requirements, you will receive free entry into the festival each day before or after your shift. One shift equals one day pass, so three shifts will equal a weekend festival pass. For each shift you work during the festival, you will receive a free meal ticket. Movement Team Members will also receive a free volunteer t-shirt to wear during their shift, and to keep as a memento of your experience.
– We give priority to Movement Team Members who are available for three shifts during the festival weekend, and are flexible to work both afternoon and evening shifts.
– Team members who would like to work three shifts are required to work at least one evening shift.
*Shift times may vary depending on your position. Updated shift times will be provided two weeks prior to your start date.
If you are interested in being a part of the Movement Team for the Movement Electronic Music Festival 2015, please fill out the application. Please submit your application online and e-mail a scanned or photo copy of your ID. If you have any additional questions, please direct your inquiry to email@example.com as well.
Movement Electronic Music Festival takes place during Memorial Day weekend at Hart Plaza on the Detroit Riverfront.
Love the music.
Come to Detroit where it all originated and get the complete underground party experience.