Overview of Job Function(s):
Industrial Designers, have progressed past the role of Junior Industrial Designer, so they already have shipped a small number of products and are established as ‘lead designer’ for projects in development. As such they are familiar with all phases of Industrial Design, from creating product concepts to detailing features in conjunction with engineering and product managers.
- Ensure ID requirements are in place for design tasks to move forward, initiate resources and communication to obtain enough information to proceed.
- Manage and track ID task progress and phases of evolution from concept to presentation to production, review and approve files for output.
- Offer creative guidance to team members and critique work to achieve best results. Inspire or educate design team when possible to stay effective.
- Manage personal share of project and tasks to completion, participating as a ‘staff’ Industrial Designer.
- Industrial Design degree
- Competence in Solidworks, including the abilty to generate complex surfaces
- Developing understanding of manufacturing processes, including tooling, molding and assembly
- Ability to collaborate successfully with the contract Manufacturer to ensure the product’s optimization
Continually the first to adopt and develop new technologies that advance the mixing experience for DJs at every level, Numark empowers DJs with revolutionary products that seamlessly combine classic feel with cutting-edge performance capability. Over its 40-year history, Numark has been responsible for introducing hundreds of industry firsts, among them the first DJ mixer with a built-in sampler, DM1775, the first professional dual CD player, CD5020, the first hard-drive based DJ system, HDCD1, the first iOS enabled DJ systems, iDJ, and the first motorized DJ control surface, CDX, which was later incorporated into the NS7 and NS7II controllers. Numark is a proud member of the inMusic Brands family.