- Initiate job orders for email and online promotions and events based upon master plan production schedules and ad-hoc project intake forms.
- Communicate and keep multiple jobs on track (internally and externally) to meet tight deadlines.
- Work with Production and Account Manager to develop and communicate schedules and track progression of activities on a timely basis.
- Develop and maintain relationships with key stakeholders/partners at all levels.
- Provide alerts to stakeholders for the initiation of a project or next activity milestones.
- Maintain two-way communications with Brand Managers and Creative Services production team.
- Proactively work to resolve business challenges while maintaining efficiencies
- Coordinate proofing process from job intake to final approvals, using digital PDF proofing system
- Traffic job orders to all stakeholders, providing job specifications and creative requirements, and driving workflow to achieve deadlines.
- Traffic job orders to creative team for production, route for approvals and final HTML coding process while communicating status to key stakeholders.
- Coordinate jobs with print vendors, negotiating pricing, and placing purchase orders.
- Work as an inter-departmental and extra-departmental liaison.
- Run daily/weekly meetings with designers and stakeholders.
Desired Skills and Experience
- 2 years work experience in an online advertising project trafficking position within a creative services environment
- 2 years print/web production background and/or agency experience
- Digital PDF proofing experience and expertise
- Basic knowledge of HTML coding.
- Advanced knowledge of graphic optimization for web platforms.
- Advanced knowledge of Mac platforms and applications
- Office (Word, Outlook, Excel)
- Adobe Creative Suite
- Advance knowledge in Project Management software such as Quickbase or Basecamp
- Thorough understanding of the pre-press and printing processes.
- Music instrument knowledge a plus
- Strong organizational skills and meticulous attention to detail with experience trafficking online web and email creative and content while meeting milestone deadlines within multiple production schedules.
- Technologically savvy individual, with advanced hands-on experience coordinating multiple projects simultaneously.
- Assertive, tenacious yet friendly & calm disposition with the ability to positively influence others to obtain proofs and/or final signatures meeting all due dates within production schedules.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills with a customer service attitude.
- Extensive understanding of pre-flighting, font management, graphic file set-up and uploading to FTP sites, meeting printer specifications.
- Extensive experience working with web-based digital proofing systems. Specific experience with ProofHQ proofing system a strong plus.
About Guitar Center
Over 200 Stores...and Growing!
Guitar Center plunged into the new millennium with the forward-moving momentum of the previous decade and a vision of vast expansion. Guitar Center reached the 100th store mark with the Grand Opening of the Little Rock store on February 21, 2002. In 2005, G.C.'s acquisition of Music & Arts Center brought 62 new stores throughout the US, catering to a completely new instrument market. With clear-cut goals and good old fashioned customer service that caters to the musician's every need, Guitar Center still proves more than ever to be a strong link between musicians and the tools of the trade.
The future looks bright as Guitar Center continues to open stores across the country. Guitar Center has no intention of slowing down and will be around for generations to come. You can check out our Grand Opening page to see where Guitar Center is growing to now.