The Lead Hostess is responsible for a majority of the interaction with our guests at Katsuya South Beach. The wage is competitive and the position calls for leadership and patience that will lead the front desk to be an affective part of our team. This person must be able to lead the entire front desk staff to perform at an exceptional level.
• Responsible for all large party accommodations
• Communicate all large party specifications to management.
• Understand and know the concept of the Restaurant Katsuya South Beach
• Have knowledge on our mixology program
• Know the history and current information on Chef Katsuya
• Utilize OPENTABLE to accommodate reservations in a strategic and efficient manor
• Use OPENTABLE to keep track of guest birthdays and special occasions
• Call and confirm reservations two days in advance on a Daily basis and inquire about special accommodations and events. Always ask for an email address so we can send them a greeting card via email.
• Notify management and Service staff of special occasions and celebrations
• Google all reservation names to investigate if any VIP’s or Food writers are dining here.
• Assist to keep the bar top and dining room tidy and presentable
• Maintain a waiting list when necessary and inform management if guest has waited longer than a fifteen minute
• Keep a tidy work station
• Keep the front windows clean on by using windex
• Keeping a proper amount of wine, lunch and dinner menus for service
• Making sure that all menus are clean and presentable
• Keeping the menu display updated and clean
• In charge of training of host staff
• Responsible for overall performance of the front desk staff
• Responsible for executing any requests and specifications from management
Must exhibit a focused attention to detail, while working in a high-pressure environment.
Able to write and speak in a confident manor.
Greet all guests warmly.
Maintain a clean and organized reception area.
Experience with taking reservations a plus.
Recent experience as a Lead Host
Must be 18 years of age or older to qualify for this position.
Must be able to stand or walk a minimum eight-hour shift.
Must be able observant and quick to respond to various situations while also multitasking and handling stressful situations.
Must be able to twist, tow (push or pull), reach, bend climb and carry objects as necessary.
Must be able to lift up to 25 pounds.
Must have excellent communication skills and be able to read, write, speak and understand English.
Must be able to work in a fast pace and high-volume environment in the presence of areas containing second hand smoke, high noise levels, dancing, bright lights and dust and communicate during this time – sometimes within a small area.
Must be able to work inside and outside at all times of the year as needed, based upon business volumes.