Crowd Compass team is growing like mad, and we’re looking for a brilliant ops-focused Engineer to join us in delivering a world-class systems experience for hundreds of thousands of users every day. We have a fast, dynamic environment with state of the art automation technologies, a hybrid hosted and on-premise environment, and designs on building a world-class Service-Oriented Architecture with the potential to go open source. You’ll work hand in hand with our software engineers to continuously roll out the best applications anyone has ever used at a live event. Now doesn’t that sound pretty fun?
- Create roadmaps and select / implement technologies that will aid in the development of infrastructure to support social graph and messaging projects that will make mobile events more intelligent from the user’s perspective
- Work within a defined budget while participating in the annual budget process and recommending changes as needed
- Assist optimizing and deploying server technologies, including Ruby application server, Varnish, Apache, MongoDB, PostgreSQL, and Java
- Manage server configurations via Puppet
- Manage databases, backups, monitoring and tuning
- Work with developers to tune queries in PostgreSQL
- Tune Nginx servers; deploy and configure HAProxy in a cloud environment
- Support and configure Linux servers
- Support and configure Amazon AWS: EC2, RDS, and S3Deploy, support, and configure VMWare VMs to support rapid development lifecycle
- Troubleshoot and resolve network-level failures in a cloud environment
- Develop, implement, and audit security policies and ACLs across our infrastructure systems
- Inherent leadership abilities with a strong focus on growing those around you, setting and attaining benchmarks, team building and training
- 4+ years of relevant experience with the above responsibilities and:
o Experience with administering and tuning NoSQL solutions such as MongoDB
o Experience with administering and tuning Relational Databases such as PostgreSQL / MySQLUnderstand TCP/IP and HTTP traffic
o Some experience in using and setting up application and infrastructure monitoring systems
o Linux administration
o Experience using Chef or Puppet or other automation tooling
o Knowledge of a continuous integration and continuous deployment software environment
o Docker experience strongly preferred
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills
- Ability to utilize automation tools and programming scripts in operations and maintenance activities and tasks
- Sense of urgency and self-motivation; ability to work independently
- Ability to script and write code for productivity and automation of tasks
What we offer:
With our expanding national and international presence, there’s no better time OR place to join the mobile revolution that with CrowdCompass by Cvent. You’ll join us in our gorgeous new office in downtown Portland. We have a diverse, collaborative and open work environment where you’ll work closely with active members of Portland’s thriving tech community. You’ll enjoy the easy transportation options and the fantastic food within walking distance – as well as regular company outings, parties, and activities.
We also provide top-notch benefits, including 100% paid health and dental (with options for your four-legged friends!), ample PTO, a flexible schedule, a Universal TriMet pass, parking, paid holidays, tons of growth opportunities and, last but certainly not least, a dog-friendly office environment!
CrowdTorch is the ultimate solution for all your event marketing needs. Our six primary components – ticketing, mobile, engagement, website, social, and insight – make up the core of the platform. Using a single, platform solution like CrowdTorch just makes sense. It's easier for you to manage, you get more control over every step, and your audience gets a consistent, familiar experience from start-to-finish.