Location: McLean, VA; Austin, TX; Portland, OR
Cvent’s cutting edge software has been disrupting traditional, manual intensive processes for event planners since 1999. To keep up with the explosive growth across all of our product lines, we are looking to expand our technology team here in our headquarters of McLean, VA. From constant evaluation of software architecture, to a complete overhaul of our product user interface, innovation has become the norm at Cvent. Whether you find yourself shipping out code that sets the standard for the industry, or up keeping our extensive infrastructure in state of the art facilities, Cvent needs bright, driven minds to continue taking the meeting and events industry by storm.
About the Position
Cvent is looking for Software Engineers to join our rapidly growing technology team. As a software engineer you would help the technology team design, develop and operate Cvent’s suite of cloud-based software products. We are currently engaged in a major initiative to build our next generation software platform, utilizing the most cutting edge tools and technologies.
What to expect:
- Work on Internet scale applications, where performance, reliability and scalability, are critical design goals – not after-thoughts.
- Create beautiful, interactive and easy-to-use web applications using rich client-side code and MVC based server-side code.
- Create innovative mobile applications on a wide range of platforms including iOS, Android and others.
- Learn the nuts and bolts of Service-Oriented Architecture (SOA) and Event-Driven Architecture (EDA) in real-life applications.
- Gain experience with different database technologies, ranging from traditional relational to the latest NoSQL products.
- Knowledge of any of the following database technologies is desired but not required: SQL Server, MySQL, PostgreSQL, Oracle, MongoDB, Redis or other NoSQL technologies
- Ability and willingness to work alongside Senior Engineers, Architects, and Managers to further your professional development
CrowdTorch is the ultimate solution for all your event marketing needs. Our six primary components – ticketing, mobile, engagement, website, social, and insight – make up the core of the platform. Using a single, platform solution like CrowdTorch just makes sense. It's easier for you to manage, you get more control over every step, and your audience gets a consistent, familiar experience from start-to-finish.