VICE Media is seeking an editor to be responsible for online content and editorial strategy for The Creators Project in our Brooklyn, NY Office.
ROLES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Daily management of The Creators Project site and supporting editorial staff
• Writing daily original blog posts and articles
• Commissioning articles from writers around the world
• Providing editorial oversight of content and voice in all social media channels
• Creating relationships with relevant web communities
• Identifying co-promotion and collaboration opportunities
• Creating content from contributing partners and audience members
• Working closely with video production, project management, and activation teams
• Website Strategy and Management
• Daily CMS maintenance
• 3+ years of relevant website content development experience
• Experience developing and maintaining heavy media driven website content
• Ability to meet industry-accepted standards, specifications and best practices
• Knowledge of the Vice brand and its properties is essential
• Strong eye for compelling content in music, film, art & design, fashion, gaming, and photography
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
• Experience with Macintosh computer programs
VICE is a global youth media company and the industry leader in producing and distributing the best online video content in the world. Launched in 1994 as a punk magazine, VICE now operates out of 36 offices globally, and has expanded into a multimedia network, including the world’s premier source for original online video, VICE.COM; an international network of digital channels; a television & feature film production studio; a magazine; a record label; and a book-publishing division.
VICE’s digital channels include MUNCHIES, a food channel; VICE News, a dedicated news channel; Noisey, a music discovery channel; The Creators Project, dedicated to the arts and creativity; Motherboard, covering cultural happenings in technology; THUMP, focusing on global dance and electronic music; and Fightland, a channel dedicated to the culture of MMA. VICE acquired British fashion publication i-D in 2012 and re-launched i-D’s digital presence at i-D.co, a video-driven fashion site In 2013, VICE launched a news-magazine series on HBO titled ‘VICE.’ The Emmy-nominated series is currently in its second season. For further information and additional background, please visit www.vice.com.
About The Creators Project
The Creators Project is a global celebration of creativity, arts and technology. Launched in 2009 with Intel as founding partner, the platform features the works of visionary artists across multiple disciplines who are using technology to push the boundaries of creative expression.
The Creators Project includes daily video and editorial content, an official YouTube Channel, original artwork commissions and global events.
To date, there are more than 600 Creators from around the world. Participating artists include Karen O, Daft Punk, Spike Jonze, M83, Benh Zeitlin, Animal Collective, The xx, Chris Milk, Florence and the Machine, Amon Tobin, Matt Pyke, Anthony Wong, Supermarche, United Visual Artists, Sticky Monster Lab, Takeshi Murata, Andrew Huang, Vega Zaishi Wang, Mick Rock, David Bowie and Barney Clay.
Contact The Creators Project: firstname.lastname@example.org