Townsquare Media Grand Junction includes well-known brands like Mix 104.3, 99.9 KEKB, Kool 107.9FM, 95 Rock, and ESPN Radio.
The Townsquare Media Brand Manager is responsible for presenting the station’s brand with excellence on the air, online, and at events.
Needs to possess outstanding verbal and written skills. Needs to be highly organized, driven and comfortable delegating responsibility, while being willing and able to do any job within the department. Should not only be highly skilled in broadcasting but also in developing online content. Must understand their station’s listening audience wherever they use the brand. Needs to work well as a member of a team, operating in unison with digital, sales, promotion and engineering staff, and know how to motivate a staff. Excellent working knowledge of Music Scheduling systems, digital production and storage systems, and online content management solutions such as WordPress is essential.
Candidates should demonstrate a minimum three years of successful experience as a program director.
To direct and coordinate daily radio programming operations. Develops, schedules and supervises production, recording, and airing of all programs.
– Execute station’s programming strategy and plan. Help set acceptable short and long term ratings goals for each station to assure its full contribution to the success of the market.
– Supervise producers and announcers for local programming.
– Hire and assign producers and on-air performers. Conduct performance evaluations.
– Participate in the development of new station promotions.
– Select, schedule, and evaluate all programming material, including daily music, promotional announcements, and staff .
– Monitor technical quality and on-air sound. Audit programming to ensure that standards are achieved; on-air, on-line and mobile.
– Participate in the long-range strategic planning for the station.
– Work with the business manager, OM and GM to develop and oversee the station’s annual budget.
– Identify opportunities to improve station performance through format enhancement or change.
– Be aware of competition’s format, talent, strategy and marketing, and devise tactics to take advantage of their weaknesses and mistakes.
– Work with Promotion and Digital staff to develop and execute effective, efficient and successful promotion and marketing plans.
– Regularly monitor station, both in market and on-line, and station’s competitors.
– Build and execute format clocks that optimize ratings performance.
– Ensure that our music strategy is being executed perfectly; our mix of music styles is correct, our music is scheduled for optimal performance – and our imaging is fresh, up to date and focused on the target audience.
– Network with Townsquare Media Brand Leaders and Brand Managers regarding tools and ideas that can be used by our stations.
– Using all the tools at our disposal, help build our digital presence in a way that extends our brand, enhances our listener experience and allows us to develop new revenue streams.
– Support the minimum requirement of Live and local by producing a minimum of three (3) blogs per day for full time on air talent/2x per shift for part-time on air talent
– Use cost effective social media campaigns to build community, enhance their brands, and grow ratings.
– Work with the digital team to effectively market our digital products on air and build on air components to support digital products.
– Understand how to use our brands to grow our event business by driving ticket sales and activating sponsorships while using the events to enhance our brands.
– Work with DME to ensure all station is taking advantage of the tools and training offered by Corp. Digital Team.
– Ensure that station is adhering to FCC guidelines with respect to our on air presentation.
– Provide corporate programming with an updated summary of ratings, including how we are performing against mutually agreed upon goals -Blueprint and Dashboard
– Be aware of sales goals to create and maintain an on-air program environment which will help us increase revenues.
– Participate in meetings, calls and conferences as scheduled by company.
– The successful candidate will be able to connect and engage with the station’s target audience by keeping up with relevant trends and pop culture.
About Townsquare Media
Townsquare Media Group is a diversified media, entertainment and digital marketing services company that owns and operates radio, digital and live event properties. The Company specializes in creating and distributing original entertainment, music and lifestyle content. Its assets include 312 radio stations and over 325 local companion websites in 66 small to mid-sized markets, making it the third largest owner of radio stations, a national portfolio of music and entertainment digital properties reaching over 50 million US unique visitors monthly, including Taste of Country, Diffuser.fm, Ultimate Classic Rock, Loudwire,The FW, GuySpeed, ScreenCrush and PopCrush, approximately 500 live music and non-music events annually, and Seize the Deal, an E-commerce business.
TOWNSQUARE MEDIA BROADCASTING, LLC MAINTAINS A DRUG-FREE WORKPLACE AND IS AN EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER. APPLICANTS MUST BE ELIGIBLE TO WORK IN THE U.S.