This position is responsible for providing administrative support and legal assistance to the SVP, Business & Legal Affairs as well as other members of the department.
• Word processing, emailing, faxing and photocopying.
• Answer phones, make calls, and direct phone inquiries appropriately.
• Schedule conference calls and meetings.
• Draft and send out legal correspondence.
• File documents and develop file systems.
• Revise, redline and proofread legal documents.
• Perform database inquiries.
• Prepare Excel spreadsheets
• Complete travel and expense reports.
• Maintain contacts and calendar information on shared drive.
• Make travel arrangements and restaurant reservations.
• Assist with payment requests.
• Other duties as assigned by supervisors.
Skills and Requirements:
• 2-3 years of administrative assistant experience in legal setting.
• Advanced computer experience: Microsoft Word (including tables and redlining), Excel, Internet.
• Professional phone manner.
• Strong written and verbal communication skills.
• Ability to keep information highly confidential.
• Attention to detail.
• Ability to maintain organized workspace.
About Universal Music Group
Universal Music Group (UMG) is the global music leader with strong market positions in recorded music, music publishing, and merchandising. The recorded music business discovers and develops recording artists and then markets and promotes their music across a wide array of formats and platforms. UMG's music publishing company, Universal Music Publishing Group, discovers and develops songwriters, and owns and administers copyrights to musical compositions for use in recordings, public performances, and related uses, such as films and advertisements. Bravado, UMG’s merchandising company, sells artist and music branded products via multiple sales points including online, fashion retail, and live performances.