Universal Music Enterprises (UMe), a division of the Universal Music Group (UMG), is presently seeking an Associate Director of Finance in the company’s Santa Monica, CA location.
UMe is the centralized catalog marketing division for the Universal Music Group, the world’s largest music company. UMe spearheads marketing, sales, licensing, and ancillary exploitation for the world’s largest music catalog, whose brands and assets include the world’s greatest recording artists.
The Associate Director of Finance will be responsible for assisting in the day to day financial activities related to planning, forecasting, analysis and monthly close activities for Universal Music Enterprises.
• Prepare monthly forecast presentations that will be used in senior level management meetings
• Prepare and submit monthly forecast income statement and balance sheet to Universal Music Group corporate finance
• Prepare monthly variance to budget commentary for actual results and forecast
• Load forecast into BPC (planning system) and HFM for companywide consolidation
• Create various Excel based models for forecasting and ad hoc analysis
• Develop and maintain financial models to assist in forecasting
• Prepare project specific profit and loss statements in order to analyze business performance
• Create reports and utilize database tools to analyze sales, costs, and overall business performance
• Assist in developing yearly fiscal plan
• Create year fiscal plan presentation
• Assist SVP Finance and VP Finance in various ad-hoc analyses.
• Complete/Assist in other monthly tasks and projects as needed.
• Advanced Proficiency in Excel
• Ability to meet tight deadlines
• Ability to work independently in a fast paced environment
• Ability to multi-task and handle multiple priorities at any given time
• Must be extremely well organized
• Ability to keep information confidential
• Ability to problem solve
• Ability to learn new systems quickly
• SAP/BW Experience is a plus, but not required
• BPC Experience is a plus, but not required
About Universal Music Group
Universal Music Group (UMG) is the global music leader with strong market positions in recorded music, music publishing, and merchandising. The recorded music business discovers and develops recording artists and then markets and promotes their music across a wide array of formats and platforms. UMG's music publishing company, Universal Music Publishing Group, discovers and develops songwriters, and owns and administers copyrights to musical compositions for use in recordings, public performances, and related uses, such as films and advertisements. Bravado, UMG’s merchandising company, sells artist and music branded products via multiple sales points including online, fashion retail, and live performances.