The Central IT Operations department is responsible for Application Support, Application configuration and change management and Quality Assurance. We provide services, manage and support local and global applications by partnering with multiple project teams and vendors across various platforms and technologies. We interface directly with the clients and project teams to facilitate business efficiencies and/or cost savings which allow UMG to invest in new revenue strategies. Our client community includes retailers, publicity partners, marketing departments, ecommerce, online distribution retailers, various music labels within our company as well as internal UMG users.
The CITO Developer is a hands on, experienced candidate with affluent knowledge in both current and emerging technologies and systems. The developer will have different challenges daily requiring analytical and problem solving skills. The candidate must be confident to interface with various levels of management, quickly analyze issues and identify a work around or resolve incidents, multitask under pressure, able to work independently as well as with a team; be resourceful and persevere when challenged; recognize the value of negotiation, diplomacy and transpire to leadership and guide the other team members towards resolutions.
Utilizing strong interpersonal and communication skills, the developer will focus on:
• Triage, troubleshoot and resolve production related incidents with follow up on root cause
• Lead or participate in enhancements – adaptive, corrective, perfective, preventive or otherwise
• Provide oversight and assist the support team in building and enhancing support
capabilities and being hands on if/when needed
• Take a lead role in the hand over to support – onboarding the support of applications
into Operations from the respective Project delivery teams and ensuring we have
the right skills and resources to deliver post implementation support
• Research and evaluate third party commercial technologies, products, software/hardware
to determine potential synergies
Our current applications have been developed using several of the following technologies: Sitecore version 6+, XML, XSLT, ASP/.NET, Java Script, Visual Basic, Visual Studio .NET, CSS, DHTML, Visual Source Safe, C++, C Sharp, IIS, Site Server, Windows server, SQL – many of these technologies will be used on a daily basis.
Skills Profile Experience/Knowledge Education/Other
• Development Platforms/ Languages: Visual Basic, HTML, XML, XSLT, ASP/ .NET,
Java Script, Visual Basic, C++, C Sharp, Visual Studio .NET, CSS, DHTML, HTML, IIS,
Site Server; MSFT Media Services Visual Source Safe, SOA, Sitecore, CRM, Biztalk
• IIS Version 7
• Database: MS SQL Oracle
• SSRS, SSIS
• Minimum 3 years Application Development in C#, .NET and SQL
• 1 year system architect/data design experience – not required
• Minimum 1 year experience in a lead role – not required but highly desired
• Minimum 1 year recent experience with Web/Internet, Intranet and/or Extranet
development and support
• Music industry experience preferred, but not required
• Experience with Cloud and Mobile technologies preferred but not required
• B.S. in Computer Science, business or related field
• Equivalent Experience may be substituted for degree.
About Universal Music Group
Universal Music Group (UMG) is the global music leader with strong market positions in recorded music, music publishing, and merchandising. The recorded music business discovers and develops recording artists and then markets and promotes their music across a wide array of formats and platforms. UMG's music publishing company, Universal Music Publishing Group, discovers and develops songwriters, and owns and administers copyrights to musical compositions for use in recordings, public performances, and related uses, such as films and advertisements. Bravado, UMG’s merchandising company, sells artist and music branded products via multiple sales points including online, fashion retail, and live performances.