WHO ARE WE?
Insomniac Holdings, LLC (“Insomniac”), produces innovative music festivals and events featuring immersive multisensory environments enhanced by state-of-the-art lighting and sound design, large-scale art installations, interactive circus and theatrical performances, boundary-pushing special effects and pyrotechnics, and fan participation. Insomniac has produced more than 250 music events for more than 3 million attendees in California, Nevada, Colorado, Washington, Texas, Florida, New York, and Puerto Rico. Founded by Pasquale Rotella, Insomniac has been based in Los Angeles since it started in 1993.
WHO ARE YOU?
Passionate and motivated. Driven, with an entrepreneurial spirit. Resourceful, innovative, forward thinking and committed. At Insomniac, our people embrace these qualities, so if this sounds like you then please read on!
The Videographer / Editor will play a crucial role in the production and post-production process of Insomniac media by shooting and editing narrative, documentary, and music video style videos.
- Available to film Insomniac events including festivals and smaller shows as needed.
- Able to shoot, direct and edit festival trailers, party edits, narrative short films and documentaries from start to finish.
- Deliver organized and complete media files for post-production download.
- Ensure the safety and diligent return of all Insomniac video and lighting equipment.
- Participate in creative content discussions and brainstorming sessions.
- Help ensure the safety of all attending guests at events and maintain the company’s goodwill and positivity.
- Available for travel (economy).
- Available and willing to work irregular hours.
- Available and willing to work overtime to meet deadlines.
- Report to the SVP of Film and Video Production and Director of Video Editing.
- Must be able to make really cool stuff.
- Knowledge and experience working on set.
- Knowledge of film, lighting, and sound equipment.
- Familiar with rave culture and dance music.
- Basic knowledge of motion graphics and text animation. Advanced knowledge preferred.
- Must be able meet deadlines and be able to work in a high-pressure environment.
- Must have knowledge of color correction software.
- Proficient in Adobe Premiere and After Effects.
- Prior work experience in a post-production environment.
- Experience working in a team-oriented, collaborative environment.
- Possess the aesthetic that matches the Insomniac brand both in editing and photography.
- Be a genuinely nice person who cares about people and what they are working on.
- Able to be self-sufficient and creative. Can work flourish with minimal direction.
- Must be motivated with an “everything is possible” attitude.
- Must be an active problem solver, instilled with a sense of urgency for projects large and small.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS & WORK ENVIRONMENT:
- Must be able to continuously stand or walk.
- Must be able to bend, squat, climb stairs and lift frequently.
- Must be able to lift up to 50 pounds occasionally.
- May frequently work in temperatures above 100 degrees and below 32 degrees.
- May occasionally walk on slippery or uneven surfaces.
- Will climb ladders and work off elevated surfaces on an occasional basis during each shift.
- Must be able to tolerate loud noise levels in the work environment.
Applicants for employment in the U.S. must possess work authorization, which does not require sponsorship by the employer for a visa.
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY
Insomniac strongly supports equal employment opportunity for all applicants regardless of race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, pregnancy, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, marital status, physical disability, mental disability, medical condition, sexual orientation, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by state or federal law.
Check back at EDMJobs.com for more music industry job listings like Videographer / Editor at Insomniac Holdings, LLC.
About Insomniac Holdings, LLC
Insomniac produces some of the most innovative, immersive music festivals and events in the world.