My name is Arun and I am a building control surveyor working out of London, I recently visited Vegas where I attended EDC. This was one of the most amazing production I have ever witnessed. As a building control surveyor I have experience in engineering, design, site layout, health and safety, evacuation planning, logistical design, structural checking and etc.
I was hoping whether someone could give me some insight in how I could find myself working for a company involved with such events as to be part of something like that would be overwhelming.
I greatly appreciate your time and I look forward to hearing from you. I have attached my CV for your reference.
- evacuation planning
- health and safety
- logistical design
- site layout
- structural checking and etc.
BSc Hons building surveyor
BTEC National Diploma in Construction
Seven Kings High School
- 2001/2007 10 GCSE's, 1 AS Level (ICT)
MLM Building Control
Building Control Surveyor
Upon finishing my degree I joined the MLM building control team in Cambridge, where I was then transferred to the London office a year later. MLM is an innovative engineering and environmental consultancy and corporate approved inspector. Whilst working here I have gained many invaluable skills and knowledge, which has been a result of daily experiences, research, senior surveyors, CPD’s and the RICS chartership process that I am undertaking. Some of my day-to-day duties are.
• Carrying out and issuing building regulation appraisal comments, fire authority consultations, contact plans, final certificates, initial notices, fees, invoices, fire risk assessments, fire strategies, fire strategy reviews and etc. Working for MLM I have also been able to use the skills I have gained during my time working in retail, this role is client based and we must ensure customer relations stay strong.
• I also project manage a number of different frame work and one off projects from commercial, residential new builds and extensions. This involves me seeing the project from beginning to end and monitoring the overall income and expenses, ensuring a profitable margin. Senior surveyors will review projects to ensure projects are being processed within MLM guidelines and protocol.
• As a Building Control Surveyor one of our main duties is to carry out routine site inspection from commencement, excavations, drainage, over-site, structural, completion and etc. Most inspections are carried out independently however it is MLM policy to have routine Quality inspections to ensure sites are being inspected safely and diligently.
• I have also initiated my RICS training, updating my APC diary daily, signing off compulsory levels, gaining relevant CPD and researching relevant topics. The chosen competencies for my APC process are as followed; Construction technology, Risk management and Contaminated land. MLM has a good structured training programme and have provided training days at the London office.
Building Control Surveyors Ltd
Trainee Building Control Surveyor
This was the first experience I gained working as a surveyor and I gained many skills and techniques that I will carry on using and adapting. Skills gained from this opportunity range from AutoCAD, measuring, free hand drawing, customer relations, work ethics, visual inspections of not only the building but health and safety aspects and etc. Some of the day-to-day duties were.
• Assisting in condition surveys, land surveys, visual inspections, adequacy checks, client meetings, measurements, desktop studies.
• Completion of AutoCAD designs and administrative work such as filing, updating database, data entry, postal, party wall notices and etc.
Working at the Olympics was a great opportunity to be a part of something that may have been a once in a lifetime event in the UK. Therefore it was important to me to find a job that would be in the Olympics. Joining the logistics team gave me a broader in sight in the workings of a business and the distribution of merchandise. As a supervisor my day-to-day duties were.
• Monitor and have full knowledge of all stock.
• Communicate and work with the team.
• Processing of stock and delivery to arena’s and concessions.
• Process deliveries and allocate in to correct freezer/ fridges etc.