Communications major with promotional marketing experience and exceptional people skills, aiming to acquire more experience in marketing, comms, and business development. I am seeking an interactive opportunity that will further develop my organizational and leadership abilities and allow me to observe the inner workings of a fast moving company. I work best in unstructured environments where I have the leeway to “make it happen”.
University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill, Chapel Hill, NC Class of 2017
B.A. in Communications Studies
Minors: Music, Philosophy Member: UNC Club Tennis, Pi Kappa Alpha Fraternity – Judicial Board Chair
Select coursework: Economy studies, statistics, public speaking, organizational communication, organizational ethics, rhetoric, persuasion, social memory, cultural diversity, leadership, Microsoft Office & Adobe Photoshop
Uber Technologies Inc.
Marketing Manager Internship, Atlanta, GA May 2016 – August 2016
· Interviewed, hired and managed a team of top quality Ambassadors to represent the Uber brand
· Leveraged my own hyperlocal market knowledge to identify and present strategic event and guerrilla marketing opportunities
· Assessed and evaluated team performance, tracked results against KPIs, and provided insightful reporting to Uber Regional Marketing Manager
· Ideated innovative new ways to spread the word about Uber both on campus communities and in the greater Atlanta area
· Collaborated with Uber Atlanta growth strategy team including event outreach and securing key corporate partnerships with Live Nation, Coca-Cola, Atlanta Falcons, GWCC and other entities
· Consulted as a marketing team member by providing assistance with projects and initiatives
· Engaged in team brainstorming to further and expand markets
Campus Representative UNC Chapel Hill, NC August 2015 – May 2016
Acted as the “boots on the ground”, helping the city team execute large promotions and understand trends specific to the Chapel Hill college market.
· Assisted in starting the Uber/UNC safe driving initiative; $20,000 invested for safe free rides for students at UNC
· Lead client sign up in the region
· Reported real time events and strategies to Washington, D.C. regional office
· Pushed to establish Uber as the top performing rideshare service in Chapel Hill
Brand Ambassador, Atlanta, GA & RDU, NC May 2015 – August 2015
Played a key player at multiple on-site events that required marketing resources, often going the extra mile to help start and finish the events including reporting daily digests of how everything went.
· Lead the Atlanta Brand Ambassador team in rider & driver sign ups
· Trained peer Brand Ambassadors
· Reported real time info to HQ