8430 MacArthur Dr. Campbellville, Ont.L0P 1B0
（Currently living in Qingdao, China）
Objective: to secure a freelance writing position at a quality publication
Name: Brian Westland
Marital status: Married
– 17 years teaching experience
– Good spoken ability in Mandarin
– I have expert-level knowledge in the subjects of arts/popular music, physical science, social science as a result of many years of private study and the pursuit of my hobbies.
– I am an avid bird-watcher, photographer, and recorder of nature sounds.
-I am a part-time writer/editor for the Qingdao e-magazines, “That’s Qingdao” (thatsqingdao.com) and “About Qingdao” (aboutqingdao.com)
-I am author of the following books,
“A Guide to Essential Popular Music-Volume One,” “A Guide to Essential Popular Music-Volume Two,” and “Birds of Eastern China”
TESOL Certificate – 2002
Sheridan College – Social Service Worker diploma -1990
Richview Collegiate Institute-grades 9-13
GAC Education Sept.2015 to present
Position: Outreach Teacher
-teach ESL classes to primary, middle school and high school students in a variety of schools in Qingdao, including No. 2 Experimental School, No. 15 Middle School, No. 5 Middle School and Ning An Primary School
No.2 Middle School International Dept. Nov. 2010 to July 2013
Position: High School Science teacher
– Teach biology, earth science and ESL,
– Write and mark exams,
– Write students reports,
– Prepare lesson plans,
– Maintain students’ attendance records and other documentation.
Government of Canada-Canada Pavilion,Shanghai Expo May,2010-Oct.2010
– Provided interpretation of pavilion’s public presentation in Chinese and English,
– Guided visitors through pavilion and ensure safety and well-being of guests,
– Assisted security staff with crowd control,
– Led VIP guests through pavilion and provided information and interpretation of exhibits,
Around Asia Modern English-Qingdao Branch July, 2007- May, 2010
Position: ESL/Business Teacher
– Taught ESL /Business classes to adult students .
– Conducted assessments of students’ English language proficiency.
Baishan School International Department Sep, 2004-June, 2007
Position: ESL/Science teacher
– Taught ESL, science, art, western culture to primary students,
– Judged English-speaking competitions,
– Participated in parent/teacher meetings
– Wrote and graded tests and wrote student reports
Century College Canada, China Branch Nov. 2002 – June,2004
Position: ESL teacher
– Taught ESL classes to adults and children.
– Interviewed prospective students to assess English competency.
During the time I worked for Century College Canada-China Branch, I was contracted to work for a variety of employers such as: Jilin Language School Training Centre;
Qingdao Creative School (A Monash University affiliate);Eastern International Language Institute , Jilin Huamao Training Centre.
Community Living North Halton Milton, Ontario 2000-2002
Position: Support Worker/Counselor
– Provided daily living supports to clients including crisis intervention and recreational support.
– Maintained daily IPPs, case notes, etc.
Mr. Mark Rowswell “ DaShan” Dr. Charles D. Hale, Ed. D.
Commissioner General for Canada Supervisor
Expo 2010, Shanghai, China Baishan School International Dept.
www.dashan.com E-mail: email@example.com
Tel: 352-588-8309 – USA
Dr. Bob Duan Dr. Alan Westland
Director Professor of Chemistry
Century College Canada-China Branch University of Ottawa
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org E-mail: email@example.com
Tel: 6885 1080 Tel: 819-827 1068 – Canada
Mr. Ben Isherwood
Qingdao No.2 Middle School International Dept.
Tel: 159 532 65142
- public speaking