FERNANDO CHARLES JR
13700 Foothill Blvd. #920402, Sylmar, CA 91342 | H: (818)741-6443 | email@example.com
Bachelor of Arts: Communications 2017
California State University Northridge Northridge, CA
Communications Studies degree-in progress
Interactive marketing minor-in progress
Associate of Arts: Communications 2014
Los Angeles Mission college Sylmar, CA
Associates Degree-General Education
Hard-working, Business-savvy college student, looking to apply my education and experience to a job in the music
industry. Areas of proficiency include More than ten years’ experience working directly with customers and the public.
Excellent negotiation and problem solving skills, pleasant and professional. Proficient at using computer applications.
Excellent listener with outstanding communication skills.
Cooperative team member Computer proficient
Outstanding interpersonal skills Microsoft Office, Excel, PowerPoint proficiency
Computer proficient Quick learner
Excellent analytical skills Strong verbal communication
Extremely organized Collaborative team member
Attention to detail Excel in Promotions, Management, Marketing,
Energetic and organized Customer Satisfaction
Promoted from street team employee to promotions and street team manager after 6 months of employment.
Hired, trained and managed a team of 10 successful street team and promotion interns and employees
Worked with company systems such as Live Support and diligently completed all assigned tasks, working overtime
Computed Data Reports
Provided required weekly, monthly and quarterly reports listing sales figures and client track records.
Consistently generated additional revenue through skilled sales techniques.
Researched, calmed and rapidly resolved client conflicts to prevent loss of key accounts.
Interviewed clients via market research surveys to identify product issues and customer needs.
Customer Service Rep 08/2013 to 11/2014
Mema LLC North Hills, CA
Booked calls and made sure plumbers were dispatched out
Sent out emails to managers in regards to billing issues
Worked closely with accounting to make sure clients received refunds for jobs that were not complete.
Trained 2 new employees quarterly.
Earned “Client Care Rep” for the ending quarter of 2013.
Sales Representative 02/2010 to 07/2013
Time Warner Cable Canoga Park, CA
Took calls for cable subscribers who wanted to pay their bills, upgrade services, or downgrade services
explained billing discrepancies, sold cable, internet and phone bundles.
Collected customer feedback and made process changes to exceed customer satisfaction goals.
Made reasonable procedure exceptions to accommodate unusual customer requests.
Manager of promotions and marketing 01/2005 to 01/2010
Baby Ree Records North Hollywood, CA
· Traveled to radio stations, clubs, and concerts to pass out promotional items such as flyers, cd’s, posters, and
hats to promote the latest releases of recording artists on the independent record label.
Went on social media sights to promote our recording artists, I also scouted for other recording artist to
collaborate with our artists for their upcoming album releases.
Supervised a team of 10 interns and employees, on a wide range of projects.
Booked shows and concerts for recording artists on the roster.
· Called radio stations to promote recording artists new single .
Reported to management with daily activity reports
. I took inventory of all albums before distribution to retailers
produced engaging online marketing campaigns to promote artists.
Compiled press kits to promote artists.
Produced spreadsheets in word and excel to log in my progress with daily activities
Promotions, Marketing, and personal assistant
K-tone enterprises 06/2015 to present
· Booked shows and concerts for recording artists on the roster
· Promoted recording artists on social media
· Called radio stations to promote recording artists new single
· Emailed promotional material of the recording artists to radio station program/ music directors so they can assist in playing the new single
· Ran errands for my employer’s personal and business needs
· Mailed out physical copies of the recording artists album to record stores across the United States so they can receive exposure
· Attended concerts to promote the recording artists albums as they performed on stage
· I took inventory of all albums before distribution to retailers
· Used Microsoft excel and word to make spreadsheets to keep count of all activity done for marketing purposes
· Traveled out of town to meet with concert promoters to establish a date of when the artists can perform at the venue
· Made invoices to mail out physical compact discs
· Assembled sheet music for musician sessions
California State University Northridge
I have listed qualifications on my resume
I am in my senior year as a communications major and interactive marketing minor