540.479.9562 · Btrflykys@gmail.com
Performance-driven, tech-savvy, passionate professional versed in all aspects of program management, with a keen interest towards nonprofit association management. Highly dedicated to continuous process improvement and organizational growth, with effective critical thinking skills and a proven ability to cut costs and boost revenue. Seeking a management position which utilizes my strengths of consulting, negotiating, event planning and, leveraging relationships with past, current, and future clients, partners, and vendors.
Areas of Strength
• Ambitious, energetic and resourceful
• Excellent interpersonal, communication, organizational and leadership skills
• Incredible attention to detail and accuracy
• Passion for innovation
• Ability to set priorities, meet deadlines and manage multiple projects simultaneously
• Persistent, patient, and sensitive to needs and apprehensions
• Technical acumen – CMS, AMS, LMS Power user
Capital Pride Alliance (Production Team), Washington DC 2018 – Present
Festival and Concert Experience Executive Producer
• Collaborate with the Chair through festival planning and implementation, working closely together to finalize details of festival floor plan, exhibitor booth assignments, and securing service kits.
• Coordinate, manage and execute onsite logistics for all exhibitors and sponsors, serving as the onsite staff liaison responsible for trouble-shooting all vendor, exhibitor and attendee queries.
Degnon Associates, Inc., McLean, VA 10/17 – Present
Sr. Association Manager
• Develop and distribute RFPs to identified cities/properties for client meetings. Analyze proposals (sleeping rates, F&B requirements, space, specific locations, city, etc.) and make initial recommendations. Conduct site visits, taking into consideration unique needs/requirements of individual client.
• Leverage relationships and knowledge to negotiate the most beneficial hotel contracts for the client, ensuring generous concessions, favorable pricing, minimizing the client’s risk and reducing liability by eliminating unfavorable language from contracts. Negotiate AV/internet and other convention services (technology, poster boards, entertainment, off-site functions, etc.) resulting in economies of scale to save the client money and ensuring reliable service. Identify specific needs/preferences of the group for the purpose of preparing F&B, room sets and AV requests, keeping in mind budget constraints. Review all BEOs and all other convention services orders/final documents, for accuracy.
• Design and create programs, agendas, exhibitor prospectus and post-conference evaluations to help identify areas in need of improvement for future events. Collaborate with continuing education, abstract/speaker management, registration and mobile app providers.
• Oversee exhibitor and sponsorship solicitation process, and onsite management of exhibit hall.
• Orchestrate and execute a marketing plan for all website, e-newsletter, mobile app and social media content. Ensure appropriate sponsor recognition throughout event entirety.
• Develop and maintain relationships with hotels, CVB/city representatives, stakeholders, speakers and vendors, while also serving as a staff resource for making future meeting recommendations.
Association Management Group, McLean, VA 01/16 – 9/17
• Work directly with meeting planner with all aspects of event logistics, which includes, but not limited to RFP’s, vendor relations, exhibit hall coordination and fulfillment, speaker assignment and material collection, volunteer recruiting, on-site event support, attendee surveys and pre/post event reporting.
• Provide direct support to ED for sponsorship programs, including precise tracking of sales to budget and careful fulfillment of sponsorship deliverables to business partners. Develop sponsor marketing program and advertising rate card.
• Liaison to chapters/regional groups, Board of Directors, Industry Advisory Board, faculty, workshop presenters, multiple committees, and external vendors to implement strategies, manage operations, and expand membership and event attendance.
• Oversee full lifecycle of trainee certification programs; coordinate ongoing program development with deans of faculty.
• Compile data and maintain annual renewal and licensing agreements with multiple continuing education boards. Trainee CE certificate disbursement.
• Generate statistical reports for all program related components, including but not limited to membership/retention rate tracking, goods sold/inventory control, training and annual conference registration data, in addition to budget forecasting and projection proposals.
• Significant responsibility for day-to-day financial maintenance and reporting, ensuring accuracy of all aspects of accounts payable and accounts receivable activity, while collaborating closely with staff accountant to develop monthly and FYE financial packages.
• Manage and update AMS database, web content, and across social media platforms.
Huntington Learning Center, Stafford, VA 01/15 – 11/15
• Hire, train and supervise staff of 20+ part-time teachers as well as promote student success while helping drive Center revenue via community marketing outreach and sales efforts.
• Responsible for all aspects of HR and Payroll duties, including but not limited to: Recruiting, onboarding/training, weekly scheduling, and maintenance of internal applicant tracking system.
• Monitor Center daily activity: student scheduling, financials, initial inquiries, intakes, academic evaluations, in addition to parent/student interim conferences.
• Construct, review and maintain individualized student programs to ensure academic achievement.
American Physical Therapy Association, Alexandria, VA 08/13 – 11/14
Sr. Clinical Instructor Credentialing Coordinator
• Perform all logistical operations required for the administration of the credentialed clinical instructor courses which includes coordinating course scheduling with trainers and sponsors, maintain inventories of all course materials, processing payments and refunds, and maintaining the program database.
• Coordinate ongoing efforts related to program development and clinical instructor credentialing operations through coordinating volunteer efforts, sharing updates and information with trainers, orchestrating reviews of course curriculum and materials, and developing and maintaining relationships with external vendors.
• Advocate for and market the credentialed clinical instructor program by updating promotional materials and updating web content, promoting events at conferences and events, and managing program research initiatives through surveys.
Miller-Motte College, Greenville, NC 04/11 – 03/13
Financial Aid Officer
• Develop a very close relationship with prospective and current students and graduates, regarding all aspects of the financial aid process to make sure they have a complete understanding of what funding is needed and available to them during their studies.
• Notify students on any payment issues, addition funding available, assistance with FAFSA’s, disbursement checks, loan management, repayment options, entrance/exit counseling, financial aid packaging, assistance with approval issues, coordination of scholarship lists and checklists/email blasts to students to keep them “in the know” of any potential opportunities they might qualify for.
• Train all new staff as well as in charge of division and coordination of job duties for work study students. In charge of weekly meetings with Admissions Reps and Managers regarding updates/problems with new and provisional students to make sure they were properly funded for their program.
Executive Assistant to the Sr. Director of Admissions
• Lead management, applicant tracking (coordination with Admissions Reps on what still needs to be completed before their students sit in class), track accountability of Reps (phone calls, appointments, enrollments, etc.) track attendance during provisional period once classes start, coordination of Admissions events, update department policies, set up necessary reports and presentations for DOA.
• Creation of new student files as required by Registrar’s office to hold all Admissions/Enrollment paperwork. Coordination with Admissions Reps to make sure all papers have been signed and filed.
• Run background checks on all potential students and report back to DOA with any problems that might prevent a student from being able to be accepted into their program of choice.
Schneider Logistics, Norfolk, VA 06/07 – 03/10
• Coordination with Customer, Warehouse, Truckers and Steamship lines/Freight Forwarders in verifying and scheduling inbound/outbound shipments for all accounts.
• Inventory Control, creation of Bills of Lading and Packing Lists, maintenance of Appointment Calendar, Truck Needs list, Job Task List, and Daily Productivity, Invoicing, resolution of any accounting issues pertaining to accounts.
The George Washington University, Washington, DC 2020 (Anticipated)
Event Management Certificate Program
Ashford University, Clinton, IA 2013
• ASAE (American Society of Association Executives)
• AWE (Association for Women in Events)
• MPI (Meeting Professionals International)
• PCMA (Professional Convention Mgmt. Association)