Kathryn A. Warcholak
1401 North Taft Street • Arlington, VA • 22201 • (703) 298-9313• email@example.com
Education: The Pennsylvania State University University Park, PA
BA in Journalism December 2011
Minor; Law and Liberal Arts; Concentration in Political Science, the Legal System and History
Experience: Kroll Compliance Reston, VA
Analyst August 2011 – Present
Kroll Compliance is a leading investigations and corporate rating firm specializing in risk and security research for a wide range of clientele, ranging from Fortune 500 investment banks and universities to private firms.
· Use various databases to conduct extensive research, aimed at identifying violations of regulatory, federal, and local laws by subjects in the United States and abroad.
· Identify, analyze, and summarize noteworthy findings into coherent yet comprehensive due diligence reports.
· Assist on a number of special projects for various financial institutions, including detailed small business and women’s scholarship program research projects.
· Juggle various projects for short deadlines to fulfill client deliverables.
CW Capital Asset Management, LLC Washington, DC
Legal Intern June 2009 – August 2009
CW Capital Asset Management, LLC is a commercial real estate and finance investment management firm with a focus on special servicing and mortgage-backed securities.
· Assisted in the registration and liquidation of several common stock positions which were received through defaulted loan settlement agreements.
· Worked with in-house counsel, stock issuers, transfer agents, trustees and brokers to register shares, establish ownership and accounts. This project allowed the mortgage lender to recover value on defaulted shopping center loans.
· Edited proposals, cases, and documents prepared by upper management.
· Updated, tracked, and researched data for multiple projects.
· Gained superior communication, writing, and interpersonal skills through professional and direct client interaction.
· Demonstrated ability to multi-task, lead, work independently, and in a group setting through a variety of projects.
· Detail-oriented and able to complete demanding projects that require strict deadlines quickly and efficiently.
· Penn State Student Newspaper – Contributing writer and reporter; covered many aspects of student life including events, sports and campus news.
· St. Timothy Catholic Church Religious Education Program – First grade teacher’s aide and volunteer
- Organizational / Data Entry Skills; Photography; Interviewing