Mattel, Inc.: El Segundo, California
Sr. Administrative Assistant, Law Department Mar. 2017-Present
Administrative Assistant, Law Department Nov. 2015-Mar.2017
– Provide administrative support to the Vice President of Legal & Business Affairs, as well as the collective Legal &
Business Affairs team of attorneys and paralegals in In-Licensing, Out-Licensing, Information Technology,
Entertainment, and Real Estate with a variety of tasks such as calendar support, travel arrangements, and expense
– Assist with the management of the Legal and Business Affairs budgets and accruals.
– Interact with and maintain relationships with cross-functional internal partners such as Finance, Human
Resources, Strategic Development, Licensing, Global Procurement.
– Act as liaison with subsidiaries and vendors for contract execution and payment processing.
– On-board and off-board employees and conduct new-hire training as applicable.
– Assist in preparing Word and PDF documents and Power Point presentations for meetings and contracts.
– Update internal legal documents and databases; file paperwork manually and electronically; fax, scan and
photocopy; send and receive shipments and certified mail; coordinate maintenance; order supplies.
– Software used includes Markview, FileBridge, eCounsel, Oracle, Workshare Compare, Lync, DMS, Concur Cliqbook, DocuSign, and the Microsoft Office Suite.
Carlton Hair: Marina del Rey, California Jan. 2014-Nov. 2015
Assistant Manager/Senior Stylist
– Recruited and interviewed potential employees and conducted training of new hires in all areas of the salon.
– Assisted Salon Manager with payroll and new hire paperwork, involving sensitive information.
– Supervised stylists, salon coordinators, and ordinance personnel’s day-to-day responsibilities to include booking
appointments, checking out clients, retail sales, confirmation calls, filing paperwork, faxing and photocopying,
sending and receiving mail, bank runs, post office runs, coordinating maintenance, cleaning procedures, operating
POS system and handling money.
– Conducted investigations into disciplinary matters; demoted and dismissed employees when warranted.
– Completed weekly inventory and ordering of supplies and retail products.
– Maintained client records manually and electronically.
– Provided exceptional customer service and advised clients on proper hair care, product usage, and home styling.
The Langham Huntington Hotel and Spa: Pasadena, California Sep. 2011-Dec. 2014
– Created, conducted, and recorded weekly training with spa staff.
– Attended in hotel trainer meetings monthly to bring back information to staff and maintain relations between
– Assisted Spa Supervisor with inventory and budgeting using Spa Soft and Microsoft Excel; ordered supplies and
retail products electronically and directly through vendors.
– Answered phones and scheduled appointments for the spa and fitness center.
– Delivered top-tier customer service and advised clients on proper hair care, product usage, and home styling.
United States Navy: USS Port Royal. Pearl Harbor, Hawaii July 2007-July 2011
Sonar Technician, Second Class Petty Officer
– Supervised and trained a team of 6 sailors to maintain, operate, and repair equipment as part of the Sonar Suite.
– Organized and maintained personal records for 18 personnel.
– Safeguarded and systematized office containing classified information and archived data.
– Recorded logs, and used Microsoft Word, Microsoft Excel, and Microsoft PowerPoint to create and conduct
training lessons and presentations.
Syracuse University: Institute for Veterans and Military Families
– Customer Service Excellence Training Aug. 2017-Present
– aPHR (Associate Professional in Human Resources) Training Apr. 2017-Jul. 2017
University of Phoenix: Southern California Jan. 2014-Feb. 2015
– Master of Business Administration
– Delta Mu Delta Honors Society
University of Phoenix: Southern California July 2011-Jan. 2014
– Bachelor of Science: Small Business Administration
– Graduated with Honors, Delta Mu Delta Honors Society
Hawaii Pacific University: Honolulu, Hawaii Sep.2009-Sep. 2010
– Associate of Arts: General Studies
– Graduated with Honors
Hudson Valley Community College: Troy, New York Aug. 2005-June 2007
– Associate of Applied Science: Mortuary Science
– Graduated with Honors
Capital Region Career and Technical School: Albany, New York Sep. 2003-June 2005
– Cosmetology License, License number: KK 52829
– Granted reciprocity and licensed in California, July 2011.
– Proficient in the Microsoft Office Suite and experience with Mac OS and Windows-based systems.
– Typing speed: 52 WPM
– Efficiently works independently and with a team to complete tasks in a timely manner, ensuring excellent
– Planning and budget management skills.
– Management and supervision experience.
– Awarded Employee of the Month February 2014 (Carlton Hair)
– Awarded Employee of the Month June 2012 and June 2013 (Langham Huntington Spa)
– Awarded two Navy and Marine Corps Achievement Medals (U.S. Navy 2007-2011)
– Volunteered with Team Rubicon, Midnight Mission, Special Olympics, Locks of Love, and Cut It Out.