Mary Joan Garcia
15712 Hart St Van Nuys, CA 91406 × 818-571-1560 × email@example.com
Tech-savvy, resourceful and motivated self-starter Executive Assistant with more than 10 years of experience and exceptional abilities supporting C-level and senior executives. Excellent administrative skills and strong organizational and planning skills with a professional demeanor, always discretely handling confidential information and managing multiple priorities with ease. Proven expertise in accounting, human resources, administration, IT, general business operations and excels at project management. Excellent project management with a strong technology background. Talented analyst, adept at researching and coordinating projects. Extensive experience with AP/AR, credit, budget administration and cost control.
ü Calendar Management
ü Travel Management
ü Meeting Coordination
ü Project Management
ü Operation Management
ü Client/Customer Service
ü Expense Reporting
ü Issue Resolution
ü Database Management
ü Staff Hiring & Training
ü Supply Management
ü Event Planning
ü Problem Solving
ü Preparing Reports
ü Filing and Organization
ü Staff Hiring & Training
ü Relationship Building
ü Digital Marketing
ü Shopify, WordPress
ü Volusion, Magento
ü SEO, Google AdWords
ü Amazon, EBay, Walmart
ü MS Office
ü Windows and Mac OS
ü Typing (90 wpm)
Sleep The Best Inc., Van Nuys August 2017- November 2018
EXECUTIVE ASSISTANT/ECOMMERCE MANAGER
Supported President with daily operations including inventory management, purchase order, customer invoicing, customer service, order fulfillment, payment process, RMA. Manage revenue targets, operational efficiency and project launches. Supports the overall marketing plan by developing, implementing, tracking and optimizing the performance of digital marketing campaigns and grows the company’s online presence.
Redesigned the company’s website to create a better user experience and increase conversion rate.
Manage day-to-day operations. Staff hiring and training.
Created a new e-commerce website on Shopify and Volusion for all the furniture products.
Responsible for setting up systems and operational procedures for inventory management, fulfillment, order processing, and customer service.
Marketing strategy mix included email, PPC, social and SEO.
Develop and maintain all customer service information and company policies (e.g. returns and exchanges, shipping information, ordering, and payment) across site and email. Planned and oversaw the organization’s promotion activities specifically linked to its web presence.
Nonlinear Ion Dynamics, Monterey CA October 2010- July 2017
EXECUTIVE ASSISTANT TO CEO
Provide a full range of support services for CEO and partners and served as a CEO’s Personal Assistant simultaneously. Oversee daily office operations, including accounting, human resources, administration and IT. Maintained CEO’s calendar – scheduled appointments, and planned and organized meetings, teleconference and managed CEO’s complex and frequently changing travel arrangements domestic and international (chartering jets, trains, flights, hotel arrangements, and rental cars), prepare itineraries and coordinate pre-planning trips.
· Acted as Project Manager on special projects assigned.
· Exercised negotiation skills to secure favorable terms and pricing agreements with vendors, contractors and service providers, saving at least $150,000 annually.
· Reduced travel expenses by 20% within the first three months of tenure.
· Achieved savings for costly materials and supplies by personally contacting the source.
· Created/established vendor accounting process; saving thousands of dollars on a monthly basis in late fees and early payment discounts.
· Improved office and lab efficiency by implementing an electronic secured filing system which introduced additional time-saving measures.
· Responsible for efficient inventory and tool management system which reduced downtime dramatically, increased efficiency and productivity by 30%.
· Handled staffing issues, including the hiring of temporary employees and contractors to enable projects.
· Utilized discretion, sound judgment, and decision making skills and maintained strict confidentiality.
Completed remodeling and renovation project for the CEO’s property one month ahead of time and $40,000 under budget.
Converted traditional rental properties to Airbnb generating additional income of $1,880 per unit.
· Responsible for the planning, coordinating and monitoring of all purchasing activities.
· Developed policies and procedures. Implementing all staff development and training needs.
· Carried out all activities for accounts payable, including invoice approvals. Manage payroll and prepare budgets and improved the accuracy of budget forecasts.
· Responsible for all aspects of bookkeeping and accounting duties, general accounting, accounts receivable, payroll accounts payable, internal and external auditing, bank reconciliations, cash accounts, and inter-company reconciliations
· Provided all computer system and network troubleshooting support.
· Organized all corporate events including executive off-sties, company meetings, and holiday functions.
· Played the significant role in selling the company’s real estate property and personal income property of the CEO
· Acted as Project Manager on special projects assigned
Theater Direct, Burbank CA January 2010- October 2014
CALL CENTER MANAGER
Manage day-to-day operations ensuring weekly sales and client service objectives are met.
· Managed the daily operations of the call center and directly responsible for the morale of 60 agents and staff
Compiled daily reports to senior management and presented plans to ensure weekly targets were achieved.
Ensured that the call center is achieving maximum profitability and effectiveness.
Ensure workload and workforce management objectives are met to meet the demands of the aggressive marketing campaigns.
Implemented new sales training process.
Performed other duties as assigned.
Westwood Dermatology, Santa Monica CA April 2008- January 2010
· Responsible for efficient inventory system which helps analyze sales patterns and predict future sales.
Welcome visitors and providing assistance as needed
Monitor and maintain office equipment; inventory supplies and order replacement supplies as needed.
Provide assistance with different budgeting and bookkeeping activities
TrendMicro, Philippines June 2003- March 2008
TECHNICAL SUPPORT ENGINEER/ IT ENGINEER
Provided over five years of quality customer service, which included the handling of difficult scenarios, while focusing on the best customer experience.
100% satisfaction customer survey rate six months in a row.
Provided customer support for all client/server TrendMicro products
Wrote technical documents related to current products that were published on the company’s Support site.
Research client’s issues in a timely manner and follow up with the customer with recommendations and action plans.
Bulacan State University, BULACAN PHILIPPINES 1998-2003
BS Electronics and Communication Engineering
Dean’s List with 3 Academic Scholarships