2225 Van Buren St. #2 firstname.lastname@example.org
Hollywood, FL. 33020 (407) 923-7309
University of Miami, Coral Gables, Fl. Dec. 2014
Bachelors of Science in Communications, Major in Photojournalism, Minor Political Science
EDM World Magazine, Editor Hollywood, Fla. Jan. 2015 – Jan. 2016
· Conduct in-depth artist interviews, innovative festival coverage and creative editorial pieces.
· Prepare, proofread and edit copy to detect and correct errors and improve user readability based on AP style guide.
· Manage a team of contributors by developing compelling headlines, assigning them to individual writers for coverage and discussing improvements.
· Contact and work with media contacts in order gain access to artists, event coverage and other press related materials.
· Set publication standards by creating and implementing new company policies, expectations, procedures, deadlines, and style guide formatting.
· Verify facts, dates and statistics using standard reference sources to ensure accuracy and convey a clear message.
Distraction Magazine, Photo Editor Coral Gables, Fla. Jan. 2013 – Dec. 2014
· Conceptualize ideas and work closely with the editorial team to concept creative ideas and imagery for every story.
· Manage a team of contributors by designating assignments and working with them to implement ideas and discuss improvements.
· Make sure all images meet the appropriate standard by selecting, editing, sizing, positioning, toning, and writing photo captions that are consistent with every story.
· Mediate conflicts as they arise by communicating the issue, problem solving and implementing solutions so that the problem can be avoided in the future.
· Coordinating photo shoots by selecting locations and providing lighting and camera equipment and overseeing the shoot to provide insight and assistance, making sure everything is done correctly.
· Follow and abide by strict deadlines to ensure that the magazine is released on time.
Distraction Magazine, Online Photo Editor Coral Gables, Fla. Jan. 2013 – Dec. 2014
· Conceptualize creative imagery for every story posted on the web by working closely with the design team so that every story has an image or visual element.
· Contact event organizations for press passes by cultivating and maintaining relationships with media contacts and designating contributors to cover events for the online photo blog.
· Manage all photos on the website by sizing, editing, and publishing stories on the web.
· Search for permissible stock images when needed by making sure all images are usable and copyright free and emailing photographers for permission to use their images.
· Microsoft: Word, Excel, PowerPoint
· Adobe: Photoshop, Bridge, InDesign, Lightroom,
· Social Media: Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, Instagram, Word Press with SEO, Pinterest,
HONORS AND ACTIVITES
· Academic Deans List
· Photographer of the Year Award – Distraction Magazine
· Contributing Writer – thatdrop.com
· Study Abroad – France
- adobe photoshop
- microsoft office
- social media