To obtain a creatively driven marketing position where I can utilize my combined expertise and passions in film and music, public relations, and event management.
2010 – 2012 California State University, Long Beach Long Beach, CA
M.A., Communication Studies: Rhetoric & Popular Culture
- Thesis: “Style & the American Superhero Mythos” (published in Heroines of Film & Television, Scarecrow Press, 2014).
- Taught 60 undergraduates per semester in lower division courses, incl. Intro to Argumentation, Basics of Public Speaking, and Popular Culture.
2006 – 2009 University of Texas at Austin Austin, TX
B.S., Communication Studies: Human Relations
B.S., Radio-Television-Film: Film Production
- Thesis: “Rearticulating Male Emotionality in Hollywood’s BromCom” (published in Gender in a Transitional Era, Lexington Books, 2014).
- National Society of Collegiate Scholars, Student Government Assoc., National Finalist Public Speaker, University Slam Poetry Founder
Jan 2016 – present EDM Chicago Chicago, IL
- Responsible for daily, up-to-the-minute content output for a large regional blog publication, specializing in electronic dance music news, culture, trends, gossip, industry current events, etc.
- National readership scope: Average unique monthly visitors ranges from 400-600K visitors, with a Facebook following of 94K and Twitter following of 16K.
- Primary focus on blog contributions centered around new music releases, pre/post-festival coverage, artist spotlights and interviews, as well as industry and cultural editorial pieces.
May 2015 – present SFX Entertainment Miami, FL
- Participated in the yearly grassroots online campaign effort to spread festival hype for two major U.S. festivals: Tomorrow World & Mystery Land USA.
- Responsibilities include regular blog coverage, weekly social media announcements, selling festival tickets, and maintaining the overall SFX brand over my personal social media accounts.
May 2014 – May 2015 Global Dance Productions LLC Denver, CO
PRODUCTION ASSISTANT; PROMOTIONS COORDINATOR
- Assisted in organizing the largest indoor/outdoor music festivals in the Rocky Mountain region, with 10-50,000 attendees per event annually. Primary responsibilities included vendor relations, artist hospitality, and media credentials.
- Regular blog contributions on GlobalDanceMusic.com, including festival re-caps, track write-ups, album reviews, and artist interviews. Primary responsibility included language editing of all content output.
- Lead the online/street teams of 100 total promoters for our two weekly club nights at Beta Nightclub & The Church. Primary responsibilities included tracking social media points, motivating teams, and acting as liaison between team leaders and the Assistant Director.
- Tracked new music releases, and contacted artist management to feature free music downloads on GlobalDanceMusic.com.
- Assisted in artist management and public image strategy for two Denver based EDM producers (ILLENIUM & Bass Physics).
Summer 2013 – 2016 YMCA of Metropolitan Dallas Dallas, TX
- Communication liaison between association VPs and aquatics program directors.
- Specialized in risk and liability in aquatic environments, performing scored safety audits to measure emergency action compliance at 15 area branches in Greater Dallas-Ft. Worth.
- Co-coordinated the statewide ‘Lone Star’ swim championship, attracting 750 swimmers across 30 competitive teams across Texas.
- Oversaw program curriculum of ‘Make a Splash,’ a free swim lesson initiative that benefits over 2,300 children annually at over 70 low-income apartment communities across DFW.
Aug 2012 – May 2013 Clemson University Clemson, SC
- Taught basic human communication courses required for partial fulfillment of undergraduate degree.
- Personal responsibilities include the lecturing, grading, preparation of class material, and holding office hours for 120 – 150 students per semester.
Aug 2009 – Jan 2010 Austin Film Festival Austin, TX
FILM PRODUCTION INTERN
- Designed and distributed social media content and podcast releases to promote the 13th largest film festival in the United States, under the direction of the PR/Film Department Directors.
- Assisted in the organization of hundreds of volunteers, leading team meetings on festival responsibilities, schedules, and procedures.
- Screened narrative/documentary films for festival acceptance or rejection, scoring 80-100 feature-length and short films in total.
May 2009 – Aug 2010 Giant Media, LLC Austin, TX
PUBLIC RELATIONS INTERN
- Assisted the CEO/VP in the daily operation of a small, local PR firm, with a broad range of clientele such as Austin Film Fest, Dell Computers, and the Austonian Luxury Condominiums.
- Responsible for compiling daily clipbooks of all regular media coverage of clients, and providing the CEO with weekly brand image reports.
- Daily social media monitoring of all clientele across all online platforms.
Created first-draft press releases for local media coverage of clients’ promotional events.
TECHNICAL INDUSTRY SKILLS
- SKILLS: Screen writing, script coverage, script lining, location scouting, casting
- SOFTWARE: Final Draft 7
- SKILLS: Videography/cinematography
- EQUIPTMENT: Multiple camera formats (DV/HD/16mm/35mm)
- SKILLS: Video and sound editing, special fx
- SOFTWARE: Avid Express Pro, Final Draft 7, Apple Production Suite (Final Cut Pro 7, Logic Pro, Compressor 4, DVD Studio Pro), Adobe Creative Suite (Photo Shop, Illustrator, In Design, Premiere Pro CC)
- ONLINE: Expert proficiency across all social media/blogging platforms, basic level HTML coding and SEO knowledge
- OFFICE: Microsoft Office Suite, phone/fax, data entry, filing, general administration
FILM PRODUCTION CREDITS (*samples available upon request)
× Editor, The Rise and Return of the Anti-hero & Black Widow (Narrative short, 2014)
× Director, Kreisburg/Danillo Wedding (Freelance, 2014)
× Asst. Editor, Otis Under Sky (dir. A. Sepulveda, 2011) VOfficial Selection, SXSW
× Editor, Makeup Diagnosis (Narrative short, 2009)
× DP/Editor, Spam Hug (Narrative short, 2009)
× Director, Speech Camp (Documentary short – DV, 2009)
× Director/Writer, Skyline (Narrative short, 2009)
× Director/Writer, Clark Gable (Narrative short, 2009) VBest of UT, Narrative Short, 16mm
× Director/Editor, Nokiro (UT Student Film, HD Narrative short, 2008)
× PA/Supporting Actor, The Projectionist (Intuition Pictures, 2006) VOfficial Selection, Dallas Film Festival
× Director, Appropriate Behavior (Narrative short, 2008) VBest of UT, Editing
- Artist Hospitality
- artist management
- Festival Promotion
- HTML Coding
- social media
- video editing
University of Texas at Austin
- Aug 2006 - Dec 2009 B.S. Communication & B.S. Radio-Television-Film
California State University, Long Beach
- Aug 2012 - May 2012 M.A. Communication