Sean R. Barthen 4816 Kenneth drive. ●Crystal Lake, Illinois 60014 Sr.Barthen@gmail.com ● (815)529-9022
Highly motivated recent graduate looking to fill the position of employee/ Intern by utilizing my analytical, leadership, team work, and communication skills
· Bachelor of Science in Corporate Communications, December 2016
· Northern Illinois University, DeKalb, IL
· Minor: Business Administration
Operations manager, June 2007 to spring 2014
Northern Tree Service, Crystal Lake, Illinois
· Conducted cost/price analysis to determine pricing for individual projects by analyzing labor and material requirements.
· Developed staffing breakouts and evaluated expenditures to ensure proper funding requirements were set and proper. margins were met.
· Managed 3-4 staff members daily ensuring required deadlines were met on all projects.
· Acted as a leader providing training and technical knowledge to new staff members.
· Increased customer satisfaction by fully investigating complaints and recommending appropriate solutions.
· Maintained inventory and service logs and performed daily service on over 15 pieces of complex logging machinery.
Office Assistant, October 2009 to March 2010
Cary Chiropractic, Cary, Illinois
· Increased efficiency within the office by improving logistics within the organization.
· Assisted in daily operations by developing X-Ray film and providing patients with back and neck therapy practices.
· Took daily inventory of supplies and recorded and filed patient files alphabetical.
Cook Assistant, September 2014 to December 2016
NIU Stevenson Dinning Hall, DeKalb, Illinois
· Performed all prep cook related duties, including food handling, cutting, and preparing ingredients
· Ensuring that all items are appropriately cleaned and ready for use before and after each shift.
· Ability to precede multiple tasks at one time.
· Train and monitor new employees on department safety policies according to OSHA guidelines.
Project One – Rock Forward Event
PRSSA, (Spring 2016)
· Main goal was to raise $1,000 per year for the NIU Forward, Together Forward scholarship fund in memory of the students who lost their lives in the February 14, 2008 campus shooting. Last year we Raised 5,000.00 dollars.
· My PRSSA group formulated Bi- weekly meeting to develop a strategy for the event, which included raising money, finding a band, and gathering sponsors for the event.
Project Two -The Drunken Picasso Business Plan
Mgmt. 333, (Spring 2015)
· Key point to this project was to gain knowledge on starting up a business, through planning, managing and team work.
· Our business plan was focused around an upscale restaurant, where customers could create their own drinks.
· The business plan was formatted with an Executive Summary, Company Summary, Products and Services, Operational Plan Operations, Management Summary, and a Financial Analysis.
· Advanced skills in Microsoft Office applications.
· Experience in proposals and written press releases.
· Advance skills in Interpersonal Communications.
EXTRA CURCIULAR ACTIVITIES
· PRSSR Member (Public Relations Student Society of America) – 2015-2016
· Study Abroad Program – Germany – German Club August 2006
· Member of Robert Morris College Hockey Team – 2007-2008