This is a level 2 help desk support position. Its role is to assist the IT Manager in meeting the organization’s IT needs. A majority of this person’s time will be spent responding to requests submitted to IT via emails, phone calls, and in-person visits. Anytime left over will be spent working on projects to help grow the organization’s technology infrastructure.
Overview of Job Function(s):
The IT Specialist is responsible for the day to day operational activities of help-desk support, network administration, and systems within our European business.
- Support end-users with IT-related problems in a responsive and service oriented manner.
- Setup, inventory and maintenance of IT-related equipment.
- Monitor backup jobs and ensure high level of completion success rate.
- Onboarding and off boarding of employees and temps
- Help put processes in place to maintain a stable network environment.
- Training staff with IT related equipment.
- Email archiving to adhere to regulatory requirements.
- Assist the IT manager with project work to grow the technology infrastructure of the organization.
- Assist with the troubleshooting, installation, and implementation of systems.
- Ensure data integrity with regard to our fixed asset inventories.
- Maintaining the domain names and DNS associated.
- Develop and monitor performance levels of software and hardware and evaluate, recommend, and propose alternative methods of information processing.
- Develop and maintain information architectures (data, application, and network) ensuring the system is on-line daily.
- End-User Service- demonstrate the ability to respond with a high degree of urgency to the needs & requests of others, internal. Understand the impact of their work on others.
- Understand safety policies and actively promote safe practices in the workplace.
- Maintain constructive relationships and demonstrate respect for everyone contacted.
- Deal constructively with conflict and focus on the situation, issue or behavior and not on the person by diffusing situations before conflicts arise, resolving conflicts directly and actively promoting and gaining cooperation from others.
- Accurately provide and receive information in oral and written communications. Consistently provide ideas, opinions, or information in an articulate, professional way. Actively listen to others and demonstrate understanding of other points of view.
- Willingness and ability to adjust to changing conditions or priorities. (For example staying late or arriving early as required to address issues when required)
- Take the initiative to identify and act on problems and lead by example. Consistently make decisions that resolve problems.
Qualifications and Skills
- Organized, thorough, and has great attention to detail
- Demonstrated working knowledge of hardware and networking basics
- A relevant IT helpdesk certification is greatly preferred but not required. (Examples include but not limited to Comptia A+ , Comptia N+ Microsoft Certified Desktop Support Technician (MCDST) or Apple Certified Macintosh Technician (ACMT)
- Able to install, configure, troubleshoot and support Windows clients.
- Intermediate-Advanced knowledge of the Microsoft Office Suite (Required), with experience of Microsoft 365 (Preferred)
- Intermediate-Advanced knowledge of Active Directory Management.
- High level of analytical thinking to solve problems with an understanding of technology as well as an ability to ask the right questions and apply solutions to business problems.
- Effective oral, electronic and written communication with all levels of the organization using top notch end-user service.
- Does well with minimal “hands on” training and can pick up new skills quickly and can “take the ball and run with it”.
- Ability to multi-task and can handle frequent interruptions.
- Can consistently follow protocol and instructions.
- Can work independently with little management direction.
- Document process, procedures, and results.
- Passionate, optimistic, and has internal inspiration to get things done.
- Ability to sit at a desk and work on a computer as needed
- Ability to lift and move computers and IT equipment for setup
- Must hold a valid UK VISA, EU Citizenship or other authorized work permit. Please note relocation assistance is not available for this position.
- Must hold a valid passport and have the ability to travel to our German office when required.
About Akai Professional
Akai Professional entered the electronic music industry in 1984 with one purpose - to give artists the tools they need to express and explore new musical possibilities.
Since then, Akai Professional products have become a fixture of modern music both in studio and on stage. The refinement of our digital sampling technology has become the building block of today's most popular music. The uniqueness of our MPC sequencing samplers has forever changed the way modern music is created by enabling digital samples to become the basis for composition. Akai Pro stands at the forefront of digital technology and remains one of the most influential manufacturers of musical equipment of the last 20 years.