SFX Entertainment, Inc. is the largest global producer of live events and digital entertainment content focused exclusively on electronic music culture (EMC) and other world-class festivals. SFX’s mission is to enable EMC by providing fans with the best possible live experiences, music discovery and digital connectivity with our content and the broader EMC community. SFX was born out of the technology revolution, as the music industry evolved into DJ- and producer-led creations driven by social and digital consumer media. SFX produces and promotes a growing portfolio of live events that includes leading brands such as Tomorrowland, TomorrowWorld, Mysteryland, Sensation, Stereosonic, Electric Zoo, Disco Donnie Presents, Life in Color, Nature One, Mayday and Ruhr-in-Love. SFX also operates Beatport, the principal online resource for EMC DJs and a trusted destination for the growing EMC community to discover and stream music, follow DJs and keep abreast of news, information and events, in addition to offering year-round entertainment to EMC fans around the globe through other digital assets.
Beatport’s editorial team is expanding and we’re looking for an associate editor to help develop engaging content to set our brand apart.
- Coordinate content and publishing schedule by helping to develop, write, edit, and aggregate content (text, photos, and video); research topic areas and competitive offerings; revise content according to performance.
- Write and edit in a voice specific to the target audience (18-34-year-old men and women); contribute to site maintenance; research and curate content (including monitoring news sources); collaborate with social media distribution team; contribute to photo/video production
- Assist the Editor and Senior Editor with identifying trends in search and social media that appeal to our target audience; contribute to content strategy around new and emerging topics.
- Generate 5-7 pieces of content per day.
- Curate content from Web and other parts of Beatport.
- Traditional writing and editing skills, along with an understanding for how to optimize content for the Web.
- Deep connection to electronic music and culture via social media and other forms of user-generated content.
- Degree in Journalism or English is preferred.
- 2+ years publishing experience.
- A collaborative and positive attitude in both writing and live are a must.
Please include a resume, a cover letter, writing samples, and a link to your portfolio if you have one.
SFX is an equal opportunity employer. SFX recruits, employs, trains, compensates and promotes regardless of race, religion, color, national origin, sex, disability, age, veteran status, and other protected status as required by applicable law