Sonicbids is a pioneering data and technology company bringing solutions to one of the most challenging and quickly changing industries — independent music. Our electronic resume for musicians has long been the industry standard, and our subscription service is positioned to become the best career management platform and jobs marketplace for emerging talent. We currently seek an Intern Designer to help with the design of innovative marketing and web products that solve challenges still unsolved by others. The Intern Designer will help carry out graphic, marketing and web design for the Sonicbids site and create an overall pleasant user experience for users. This role will report to our Director of Marketing and work closely with our Senior Product Designer. This internship complies with DOL guidelines for internships. Previous interns studied at BU, BC, Harvard, Penn, UVa and FIT.
- Design marketing materials such as landing pages, micro sites, company blog, emails, and newsletters
- Help define the Sonicbids brand further or contribute new ideas
- Critique and QA on existing design and future design
- Strong understanding of design fundamentals such as typography, grids, color theory, golden ratio, etc.
- Strong sense of aesthetics; able to create graphics from scratch and compose from existing graphics
- Up to date with or ahead of current graphic design/user interface design/web design trends or styles
- Good understanding of how websites and web apps work; able to read and understand HTML/CSS
- Bonus – Ability to code HTML/CSS · Bonus – Good understanding of online marketing including Hubspot platform, SEO, and CMS
- Bonus – Illustration skills, e.g. icons
Backstage, LLC (owner of Backstage.com, Backstage Magazine and Sonicbids.com) is the leading subscription-based digital platform for non-desk jobs – providing tools and content to help performing artists and creative professionals manage their careers, market themselves and open up new opportunities. We are experiencing significant growth and are looking to add a talented member to our team. The company is private equity backed and has offices in Boston, NY and LA.
Sonicbids was launched with a basic mission: great music should always find an audience. Since 2001, we have grown into a global platform connecting more than 500,000 bands with 35,000 promoters from over 100 countries and the exclusive application platform for South By Southwest, CMJ, and NXNE.
Sonicbids is the online launching pad for many of today's hot artists and has exclusive partnerships with many taste-making events and consumer brands like South By Southwest, Bonnaroo Music and ArtsFestival, CMJ Music Marathon, Red Bull, Marriott Hotels and Diesel Industry.