What we do:
CrowdCompass makes events, conferences, meetings, trade shows and conventions a lot more popular through the power of mobile. In just four short years we’ve gone from an office of three to over 50 employees, 2,000 customer apps and 500,000 downloads, establishing us as one of the fastest-growing startups in the Silicon Forest. Now we’re backed by Cvent, one of the world’s largest event management software companies and the #2 software job creator in the country, so we get the best of both worlds – the scrappiness and agility (and fun!) of a high-growth mobile startup with the upward mobility, strength and stability of a publicly-traded company.
We build beautiful software that helps event planners take their event experience to their users via our complex RoR apps, responsive mobile web, HTML5, and native apps. Built natively from day one, we’ve built powerful Android applications that are miles beyond anything the events industry has seen before.
As an Android Developer you’ll be working closely with our small but growing engineering team in crafting the best mobile apps the events industry has ever seen. This is an experienced position that requires fluency with the latest Java capabilities and improvements in the Android SDK. You are motivated to explore and deliver the best possible solutions to our users.
- You will be interpreting UI/UX requirements and mockups into functional, high-performance Android phone and tablet apps
- Research the latest technologies, test, implement, and report back to the team on what you’ve discovered
- Push the boundaries of what’s possible with creative solutions to hard, mobile-centric problems like synchronization, asynchronous APIs, and leveraging offline device capabilities
- Create intuitive, custom UI controls and interfaces that match our great user experience
- Expertise with Java, design patterns, and the Android/Eclipse developer toolchain
- Experience collaborating with senior backend and senior mobile developers in an agile environment with little supervision
- Extensive hands-on experience creating custom UI controls, consuming RESTful APIs, designing protocols, implementing delegate interfaces, animations, and performance optimization
- Understanding of the nuances of fragments and Android XML layouts, and how to create adaptive interfaces that work for both phones and tablets
- Familiarity with TDD
- Familiarity with Robotium and Roboelectric (automated UI testing and mocking) a plus
- You see all of the potential of mobile, and you know how to get the most out of the Android platform
- You’ve worked on a team and are comfortable using Git. In fact, you probably have a Github account you’ll want to show us.
What we offer:
With opportunities in Portland, Austin, LA and DC, there’s no better time OR place to join the mobile revolution. Our main office in Portland is a diverse, collaborative and open work environment where you’ll work closely with active members of the city’s thriving tech community. You’ll enjoy the easy transportation options and the fantastic food within walking distance – as well as the occasional art shows and pickles made right here in the building.
We also provide top-notch benefits, including 100% health and dental (with options for your four-legged friends!), ample PTO, a flexible schedule, free parking, paid holidays, tons of growth opportunities, regular fun events and, last but certainly not least, a dog-friendly office environment!
CrowdTorch is the ultimate solution for all your event marketing needs. Our six primary components – ticketing, mobile, engagement, website, social, and insight – make up the core of the platform. Using a single, platform solution like CrowdTorch just makes sense. It's easier for you to manage, you get more control over every step, and your audience gets a consistent, familiar experience from start-to-finish.