About Artist Intelligence Agency
Technology-centric music and lifestyle marketing company, The Artist Intelligence Agency is unrivaled in it’s ability to reach and influence online communities. Founded in 2011, the company has a digital imprint in excess of 10 million highly engaged followers across business interests including EDM.com, AiA (record label & music promotion platform), and a number of technology projects.
Since it’s inception, EDM.com has competitively offered it’s readers a unique and timely point of view on global music culture. A key source of music news, EDM.com is arguably the largest publisher of electronic dance music content in the world with an aggregate social reach of over 50 million monthly.
AiA (record label) is focused on empowering talented musicians and exposing their music to a vast and highly engaged international audience. With a fan-base of over 10 million active listeners, and a promotion platform that generates over 100 Million plays per month, AiA is at the very forefront of the digital music revolution – constantly innovating and developing new methods for bringing exceptional music to the ears of those who want it most, and creating tools for empowering artists within their communities.
About the Role
EDM.com is looking for an Intern to work with our close-knit Denver, CO based team. You will provide direct support to a small, dedicated content team helping to source and deliver a strong point of view to EDM.com’s highly engaged worldwide audience.
- Participate in Content production meetings.
- News dig (google alerts, blogroll).
- Support the content team in delivering exceptional content.
- Play a key role in creating viral, bespoke content.
Qualifications and Requirements:
- Background in journalism
- Minimum of two years of college
- Computer literate
- Strong writing skills
- Some experience with pitching concepts as stories and storyboarding for video.
- Whilst not essential, a basic understanding of editing software would be desirable (Adobe Creative Suite, Illustrator & Photoshop, Avid, Final Cut).
- Commit to 15-20 hours per week
- Commit to 16-week internship
- Provide own transportation
- A passion for electronic dance music is a must, as are excellent written and oral communication skills.
Students applying for this internship should be pursuing a Management, Communication or Music Business degree, with experience on the Web and a solid understanding of youth markets and social media.
Please note: this internship is based in Denver, Colorado. Applications from applicants living outside of greater Denver will not be accepted.
Please send your cover letter, resume and a portfolio of 5 writing and / or viral concept samples.
Applications close March 25th 2016.