SFX Entertainment, Inc. is the largest global producer of live events and digital entertainment content focused exclusively on electronic music culture (EMC) and other world-class festivals. SFX’s mission is to enable EMC by providing fans with the best possible live experiences, music discovery and digital connectivity with our content and the broader EMC community. SFX was born out of the technology revolution, as the music industry evolved into DJ- and producer-led creations driven by social and digital consumer media. SFX produces and promotes a growing portfolio of live events that includes leading brands such as Tomorrowland, TomorrowWorld, Mysteryland, Sensation, Stereosonic, Electric Zoo, Disco Donnie Presents, Life in Color, Nature One, Mayday and Ruhr-in-Love. SFX also operates Beatport, the principal online resource for EMC DJs and a trusted destination for the growing EMC community to discover and stream music, follow DJs and keep abreast of news, information and events, in addition to offering year-round entertainment to EMC fans around the globe through other digital assets.
Beatport’s editorial team is expanding and we’re looking for an assistant photo editor to help develop engaging content to set our brand apart.
- Work with editors to create compelling visuals for their stories, galleries and videos.
- Produce 2-3 photo galleries per day for site. Includes researching topic areas and competitive offerings; revise content according to performance.
- Write and edit in a voice specific to the target audience (18-34-year-old men and women); contribute to site maintenance; research and curate content (including monitoring news sources); collaborate with social media distribution team; contribute to photo/video production
- Manage photo rights and budget.
- Source photos for publication and create layered visual compositions.
- Manage commissioned photography from events.
- Create naming conventions for photos to create efficient reuse, archiving and SEO value.
- Digital photo experience on content site.
- Strong photo editing skills
- Familiarity with search engine optimization, social media.
- Great taste level and sophisticated aesthetic
- Solid writing skills
- Good eye for packaging content into stories that can cast a wide net in social media or search
- A collaborative and positive attitude in both writing and live are a must.
Please include a resume, a cover letter, writing samples, and a link to your portfolio if you have one.
SFX is an equal opportunity employer. SFX recruits, employs, trains, compensates and promotes regardless of race, religion, color, national origin, sex, disability, age, veteran status, and other protected status as required by applicable law
More about SFX & the Assistant Photo Editor Position