Backstage is seeking a motivated, bright, articulate, and detail-oriented individual to join its customer support team in Brooklyn, NY as a Customer Service Specialist.
As a member of our support team, you will be responsible for providing exceptional customer service and technical support to customers through multiple channels such as email, chat, and social media that employ cutting-edge customer support software.
The ideal candidate is forward-thinking, passionate and excited to create a positive impact. Candidates should also have experience with working within a team, customer relations, and working with customer service platforms such as Zendesk. Management experience and an understanding of the entertainment industry are also pluses.
Founded in 1960, Backstage is a popular performing-arts news magazine with an advanced suite of online casting tools that have helped connect thousands of film, theater, TV, and web-series creators with the talent needed to take their projects to the next level. Backstage reaches over 2 million content-creators, actors, and performers every month, and Backstage’s customer support team is crucial to maintaining relationships with this large audience of entertainment-industry professionals and aspirants.
- Communicate with Backstage’s customers to answer their questions and resolve their requests.
- Work with Backstage’s customer service team to improve internal processes and the customer experience.
- Help manage team schedules, methods, and efficiency.
- Provide customer solutions through email, chats, forums, social networking, and live events.
- Receive and incorporate customer and team feedback into improved processes and workflows.
- Analyze customer-service support trends and generate reports and solutions while providing an unparalleled customer experience.
- Perform root-cause analysis on opportunities in customer interactions in order to diagnose customer challenges and product weaknesses.
- Discover innovative solutions by working closely with peers.
- Learn all of the ins and outs of Backstage.com.
- Resolve customer escalations.
- Strong computer troubleshooting skills as they relate to Mac OS X and Windows operating systems, hardware, software, home networking configurations and internet connectivity issues.
- Ability to communicate clearly and concisely with both external customers and coworkers.
- Experience with customer-management support services such as Zendesk or Salesforce.
- Sustained motivation in an environment of freedom, autonomy, and responsibility.
- Management skills and the ability to work well within a team.
- Ability to provide a conversational customer experience.
- Ability to exercise creative thinking and problem resolution skills.
- Ability to manage multiple deadlines and changing priorities in a fast-paced environment.
- Experience with extracting and interpreting large amounts of information from various databases and sources.
- Motivated to be a consistently high performer.
- Strong oral and written communication skills, with exceptional interpersonal skills.
- Able to navigate challenging customers and a high volume of contacts.
- Desire to continually learn. Solution-orientated and self-motivated.
- Ability to effectively prioritize work time to ensure efficiency.
Backstage helps performers find casting calls and land auditions in New York, Los Angeles, and across the United States for theater, (Broadway, Off-Broadway, Off-Off-Broadway, cabaret, and more), television series, reality TV and documentaries, feature films, student films, music videos, radio, voice-overs, comedy clubs, photo shoots, and more! Backstage helps actors, writers, models, performers, and crew members get auditions and find work in the genres and venues they love.
The only worldwide print and online casting resource, Backstage reaches thousands of highly trained, experienced, and specialized performers every week. With Backstage, casting directors find exactly the talent they need when they need it, while actors get the inside scoop on performance and job opportunities.
Pick up a copy of Backstage or visit backstage.com to read news, interviews, and acting advice; to watch acting and entertainment industry-related videos; and to view and apply to thousands of casting notices nationwide.