Backstage is seeking a Senior Accountant to join the growing finance and accounting team. The position will be responsible for the books for both Backstage.com (career platform for actors) and Sonicbids.com (career platform for musicians). Experience and demonstrated understanding of US GAAP is a requirement. The ideal candidate will be energetic and able to take on high levels of responsibilities as we continue to execute on our growth initiatives. We offer an entrepreneurial, fun and challenging team-oriented work environment. This position is for our Boston, MA or Brooklyn, NY offices. For consideration, please include cover letter and resume.
- Responsible for Accounts Payable including entering invoices from vendors and processing payments
- Invoice customers for advertising sales and deposit/apply received payments
- Prepare journal entries for daily activity including payments from payment processors
- Work with Controller and engineering team to ensure internal use software projects are properly accounted for under ASC 350
- Prepare and reconcile balance sheet accounts during month end close for both companies
- Assist with weekly, monthly and quarterly financial reporting including financial statements, cash flow forecasts and departmental reporting
- Ability to work on and prioritize multiple projects for Sonicbids and Backstage simultaneously
- Other ad hoc financial and operational projects
- Work with teams that are based in multiple locations
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
- Bachelors degree in accounting or finance
- 3-5 years general ledger accounting experience, media or digital experience a plus but not required
- Strong analytical, problem solving, project management and investigative skills
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Excel and Quickbooks is required
- Exceptional attention to detail on both form and function
- Proactive, detail-oriented, self starter
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, deadline driven, dynamic work environment
Backstage LLC (owner of Backstage.com, Backstage Magazine and Sonicbids.com) is seeking a Senior Accountant. For more than 50 years, Backstage Magazine has been the most trusted place for actors to find career advice and casting information. Today Backstage is the leading digital platform providing valuable career tools and resources for all varieties of performing artists and musicians. Backstage recently acquired the music booking and marketing platform, Sonicbids, which connects more than 400,000 bands with 30,000 promoters from over 100 different countries. Sonicbids is currently expanding to include a digital publication geared toward musicians, which will specialize in career-building resources, advice from music industry professionals, music business news and more.
Backstage helps performers find casting calls and land auditions in New York, Los Angeles, and across the United States for theater, (Broadway, Off-Broadway, Off-Off-Broadway, cabaret, and more), television series, reality TV and documentaries, feature films, student films, music videos, radio, voice-overs, comedy clubs, photo shoots, and more! Backstage helps actors, writers, models, performers, and crew members get auditions and find work in the genres and venues they love.
The only worldwide print and online casting resource, Backstage reaches thousands of highly trained, experienced, and specialized performers every week. With Backstage, casting directors find exactly the talent they need when they need it, while actors get the inside scoop on performance and job opportunities.
Pick up a copy of Backstage or visit backstage.com to read news, interviews, and acting advice; to watch acting and entertainment industry-related videos; and to view and apply to thousands of casting notices nationwide.