Backstage, the world’s most trusted casting resource, is hiring for a Casting and Entertainment-Industry Outreach Specialist in London.
The London/UK Outreach Specialist is responsible for introducing Backstage’s online casting tools to casting directors, agents, filmmakers, theater creators, film schools, production companies, actors, performers, and digital-video producers and directors.
Additionally, this position will be responsible for researching and gathering UK leads and insights; visiting local universities and prospective clients’ offices to demo Backstage’s services; and managing clients’ accounts to ensure that they understand how to use Backstage.com effectively; as well as ensuring that their casting calls receive a strong response from quality applicants.
The ideal candidate will have existing connections in the UK entertainment industry, as well as knowledge about the casting needs and processes of film students and industry professionals.
For an example of the tools that the Outreach Specialist will be introducing to the UK film and theater community, visit http://faq.backstage.com/user-guide-casting-director Part-time and full-time positions are available, with potential for ongoing work depending on the success of the candidate. Please send your cover letter, CV, and relevant links (such as your Linkedin profile). In your cover letter, describe why you’d be a good fit for the job, whether you’re available for full-time or part-time work, and your minimum salary requirements. Note: Currently seeking UK applicants. London-based candidates are encouraged to apply.
- Identify and reach out to casting directors, indie filmmakers, production companies, digital-video producers, theater creators, and film students, etc., in the United Kingdom to encourage them to try Backstage’s casting services.
- Help promote UK projects’ casting calls to attract more UK-based submissions, and curate talent lists from Backstage’s database to make suggestions to the clients regarding actors that will be a good fit for their roles.
- Follow up with UK clients to see if they have any feedback or additional casting needs. (Encourage repeat business.)
- Teach indie producers, directors, film students, and casting directors how to use Backstage’s online casting tools effectively. Account support via phone, email, chat, webinars, and in-person meetings in the London/UK area.
- Demo Backstage’s online tools to filmmakers and actors at production companies, film schools, theater schools, festivals, and events in the London/UK area.
- Increase the overall number of projects (especially indie films and web series) casting with Backstage in the UK.
- Must be an effective communicator with strong interpersonal skills.
- Must be a self-starter with good time-management skills
- Must have strong promotional skills and be adept at building new client relationships.
- Should have an understanding of the needs of indie filmmakers/video-makers.
- Existing relationships within the indie film and web-series communities preferred.
- Previous film/video casting experience a plus.
Backstage connects content-creators with the talent needed to take their projects to the next level. Founded in 1960, Backstage is a popular performing-arts news magazine with an advanced suite of online casting tools that have helped thousands of theater-makers & filmmakers find actors, dancers, singers, models, comedians & crew.
Backstage helps performers find casting calls and land auditions in New York, Los Angeles, and across the United States for theater, (Broadway, Off-Broadway, Off-Off-Broadway, cabaret, and more), television series, reality TV and documentaries, feature films, student films, music videos, radio, voice-overs, comedy clubs, photo shoots, and more! Backstage helps actors, writers, models, performers, and crew members get auditions and find work in the genres and venues they love.
The only worldwide print and online casting resource, Backstage reaches thousands of highly trained, experienced, and specialized performers every week. With Backstage, casting directors find exactly the talent they need when they need it, while actors get the inside scoop on performance and job opportunities.
Pick up a copy of Backstage or visit backstage.com to read news, interviews, and acting advice; to watch acting and entertainment industry-related videos; and to view and apply to thousands of casting notices nationwide.